Sign in to follow this  

Rowher/DWF ride on Friday the 23rd?

I'm able to get out on Friday the 23rd and hoping to ride Rowher/DWF. Hope to start riding at 8am and need to be done about 3pm. I like to hit all the fun stuff, but ride pretty conservatively. A DS loop to Lake Hughes and back would work fine too. Anyone else able to ride Friday?

R

I would like to go, but feel like crap right now. If I feel better and you would be willing to eliminate the DS part I may be able to go.

The route to lake Hughes is all green sticker, but it is mostly dirt roads.

I'd love to go, but I'll be sitting here at my desk instead. :applause:

I dont have a dual sport,but Im availble from 8:30 to 12:30,after that I have to pick my daughter up from school...

Rode Rowher today ran into fellow TTer huskyjack,on his KTM.Nice meeting you Jack we should ride someday,by the way you passed me on sierra hwy as I was leaving thats one nice dual sport,howd you get down the mountain so fast?

I dont have a dual sport,but Im availble from 8:30 to 12:30,after that I have to pick my daughter up from school...

That might work. :applause: What time would you be able to ride and from where?

I'd like to get in a longer ride if possible. Any others want to ride tomorrow?

R

If I hurry I could be at staging area 1 tomorrow at 8:30 and ride till at least 12 or 12:30,thats close to 4 hours if more come you guys can continue while I ride back no problem.Whats the weather going to be like tomorrow,and I have a 230 if thats not a problem...

If I hurry I could be at staging area 1 tomorrow at 8:30 and ride till at least 12 or 12:30,thats close to 4 hours if more come you guys can continue while I ride back no problem.Whats the weather going to be like tomorrow,and I have a 230 if thats not a problem...

Thanks a lot for being flexible, but I'm going to pass. The cost/benefit for missing a day of work isn't going to work, especially with rain.

And what you ride is never an issue with me. Anything with a motor and two wheels will do. I'm happy at any pace anywhere, as long as I'm riding.

:applause:

R

I'm interested in meeting up with you. I'm not DS but would like to put in some miles... Never been to DWF or Rowher, have any directions from Bakersfield?

Thanks a lot for being flexible, but I'm going to pass. The cost/benefit for missing a day of work isn't going to work, especially with rain.

Rob - got your email, but couldn't email back out. My email server has been messed up for a day and a half or so. I was thinking the same thing though. I'm slammed right now, and I don't want to get rained out. Was thinking about Sunday though. Any thoughts on Sunday?

Can't go- still feel like crap.

That sucks,stay in bed get better,theres always next week...

Yeah I looked at my maps and found a way.. Looks like an hour an a half drive or so. I'll be doing some 4wd instead now that nobody wants to ride.

Rob - got your email, but couldn't email back out. My email server has been messed up for a day and a half or so. I was thinking the same thing though. I'm slammed right now, and I don't want to get rained out. Was thinking about Sunday though. Any thoughts on Sunday?

Bill,

Work has a way of crowding out my riding too.

I can't get away on Sunday. But could probably ride for a few hours on Saturday morning. I'd need to be done at 11am but can start any time. Rowher/DWF/Baldy Mesa could work. If not, hope to catch you next time!

R

I ride here at least twice a week,going this morning solo...

Solo? Know I know you're crazy. After last time riding with you and you having to be airlifted out, I would think you would never ride solo. I sure hope you have a GPS and a phone that works in that area.

I might be up for a ride Monday morning for a few hours? Your pace, and your trails that way you don't feel any pressure RedRyno.

Bill,

Work has a way of crowding out my riding too.

I can't get away on Sunday. But could probably ride for a few hours on Saturday morning. I'd need to be done at 11am but can start any time. Rowher/DWF/Baldy Mesa could work. If not, hope to catch you next time!

R

Rob, from the looks of today, we definately called it wrong. Should have gone. Looks like a PHENOMENAL day to ride. And of course, I'm stuck here in the studio. Oh well. Sat is no good for me. Sunday's not great either, but perhaps do-able. We'll catch up sometime soon I hope.

BTW, any interest in Moab this April?

Bill

Rob, from the looks of today, we definately called it wrong. Should have gone. Looks like a PHENOMENAL day to ride. And of course, I'm stuck here in the studio. Oh well. Sat is no good for me. Sunday's not great either, but perhaps do-able. We'll catch up sometime soon I hope.

BTW, any interest in Moab this April?

Bill

It was!!!!!!

Solo? Know I know you're crazy. After last time riding with you and you having to be airlifted out, I would think you would never ride solo. I sure hope you have a GPS and a phone that works in that area.

I might be up for a ride Monday morning for a few hours? Your pace, and your trails that way you don't feel any pressure RedRyno.

Everytime I go,there is someone there alone its not just me,I get tired of trying to get people to ride with me.Cant devolope any skill looking and talking about the bike,I need experience riding it,alone or withsome doesnt matter to me,Im riding.I carry all the stuff you mentioned and other things too.Im careful I think,and as I tell my wife I didnt get the bike for someone to babysit me...