Sign in to follow this  

Radiator guards?

If you look on the kawasaki web site they have a nice pair of rad braces. They are like the works connection one's but have more bracing. You can order they from your dealer.

I'll go check them out, thanks for pointing that out to me :applause:

I just saw the new PU catalog and moose had something out that looked pretty tough. I didn't really check if there was an application for the kx450. I got the works connection on mine. haven't even ridden the bike yet. We'll see how they hold up, I'm sure I"ll crash plenty.

Flatland Racing. I cannot fault mine. Very light. Full brace. Taken a few hard side hits on flat ground no problem. Good insurance if you like to ride until you crash. Plenty of hot air still flows through onto my legs. Web order. Quick freight.

btw: I put the 07 alum water hose Y-joints on my 06, just in case.

Flatland Racing. I cannot fault mine. Very light. Full brace. Taken a few hard side hits on flat ground no problem. Good insurance if you like to ride until you crash. Plenty of hot air still flows through onto my legs. Web order. Quick freight.

btw: I put the 07 alum water hose Y-joints on my 06, just in case.

do they require any shroud mods? I got the devol once for my yz250f and I couldn't get them to fit

do they require any shroud mods? I got the devol once for my yz250f and I couldn't get them to fit

Yeah, I trimmed a little plastic out of the inside of the shrouds. You can see where needed if you do a test fit. Else the shrouds sit out a little too far. I also used a 10mm thick plastic spacer (like a fat washer) between shroud and guard at the lower/fwd bolt. So the bolt can be firmly tightened without pulling the shroud inward too much. Final result means the shrouds do sit out about 10mm more than stock.