Sign in to follow this  

1986 Kaw KLR250 Dual Sport Questions

Need some quick replies here if I could. What is a reasonable price range for a 1986 Kaw KLR250 with 2000 miles in supposidly decent cond? A fellow has one advertised for $1200, that a little high or right in there? Any issues with this bike? Also, would this bike be maybe a little to small for someone 5'11", 215 lbs? Thanks.

I just bought a 1985 KLR250 w/6200mi a little over a week ago. The guy was asking $1200 to which I agreed to. I knew the guy & bike. I ending up only paying $1000 because he have the time to finish a couple of small repairs he wanted to do before he sold it. If the bike is in good shape, I think it is worth it.

I bought The bike for my wife because she was showing an interest in learning to ride. I have a KLR650. So far, she has not been on it yet but I have been having a blast riding around. :applause: It is awesome on singletrack :applause: I think you will be ok with your size. I'm 5'11 185-190. I know several others with KLR250s that are your weight or more.

For a person of your stature i would go with a little bit bigger of a bike. may be KLX250S. But if you really want to buy the KLR 250 then that sounds like a pretty good deal. i would just look at the bike's condition before buying it. good luck. :applause:

Well, he's down to $1,000, still haven't went and looked at it, weathers been crappy in Mn. and is staying that way for a while the way it sounds. He mentioned it has some minor dents, dings, cracks, so it must have been down a time or 2. New battery, said he spent $350 at the Honda shop getting it tuned up, he thought previous owner had let it set for some time. Anything I should pay particular attention to when I go check this thing out? Thought someone said there were valve issues of some kind with this year?

He's got it advertised in this weeks paper for $900 or best offer, sez it has to go this week, think I'll wait a day or two, make him an offer of $450, if that's not good enough, I'll look around for a better deal.