Sign in to follow this  

Questions on TE models

Hi folks.

I’m not at all familiar with the Husqvarna TE and have some questions re the TE250

Does it have smog equipment installed?

Like other brands is it typically lean from the factory?

Are there any throttle stops that need removed or other performance enhancing ‘simple’ mods required to get it running like the factory intended?

What type of Carb is on the 07 model?

Thank you

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3959402#post3959402

JD kit and after market fuel screw would be nice too.

The smog stuff actually works "ok" till the carb overflow tube (bottom of the Keihin FCR) fills the vent lines if the bike is leaned too much or dropped.

Gonna guess by your post count that makes sense to you.

My other choice was a WR250 - made the right decision for me.

It does have smog equipment but is not as complicated like the WR's. If you are going to use it for closed course your dealer should take care of you with showing you how to do it. Basically all you really need is vent plug at any automotive store. Don't know how far you are from Berkeley Springs WV but Harold there knows how. I installed a JD jet kit in my '06 and the bike ran good. They are very nice bikes, just don't expect it to be a good street bike.

Thanks !, I've gone through these issues with other brands but never had the chance to even see a TE250 so I was unsure. Mostly for dirt and trails, very little street riding. I did look at the new KLX250 which is nice but IMO more street oriented than I'd prefer.

My thought is the TE since It's light and probably the most capable 250 dual sport available in the states today.

How do the Pirelli's perform?

Thanks again

I see you are in PA. I bought my 2007 TE450 from Fast by Ferracci in Willow Grove PA. It had all the smog stuff in a box when I picked it up. The carb stop and AP gadget were removed and the unit started and ran very well from the start...not noticeably lean. The carb will be a Kehein FCR. There is plenty of info on this site regarding tuning the FCR, see the sticky at the top of the Husky forum. I have been fooling with the carb extensively to perfect throttle response, but that is more to placate my (2-stroke guy) taste for instant, snappy response...you may be happy as-is.