Sign in to follow this  

Twin Air - Air Filter

It doesn't matter you'll have to clean and re-oil them anyway.

It doesn't matter you'll have to clean and re-oil them anyway.

ditto.. i prefer the one that comes dry. that way you can use whatever oil you want.

ditto.. i prefer the one that comes dry. that way you can use whatever oil you want.

That's exactly what I was thinking also..Which oil would you reccomend for oiling it ?

If you have the backfire screen removed make sure you get the flame resistant twin air filter..I don't think the flame resistant one comes pre oiled..

But yeah you are gonna have to re oil it anyways so doesn't really matter

twin air sucks... so does moose. Use the stock filter. I just ordered a white bros bc i heard they were the same quality as oem. Ill let ya know how it works

can you elaborate on why twin air sucks? ive used them on every bike ive owned and owned probably 20 of their filters. Ive never had one single problem. Great filtration and they dont deteriorate at all over time.. So fill us in. :applause:

I use and like the twin air also but have heard some valid arguments as to why the stock filter is better. The stock filter seems to have a better seal at the lip interface. I am careful to grease the lip and make sure it is properly seated. I do think the twin air has a better foam media than the stock one.

Twin Air is one of the best after market filters around.

Most difficulties with them is proper installation and proper maintenance.. if either of these are lacking then one may think they suck.

If you are doing an air box mod there is no reason to keep the stock filter. The whole idea of this mod is to let the bike breathe better... which is hard to do with that restrictive OEM part

i have one and i deffinetly noticed a difference. It pulls harder and accelerates faster. My bike has backfired a whole bunch of times and i havent even seen a black speck on the inside of my filter. :applause: :applause:

The cheapest I see the backfire filter for is $100. The filter i'm talkin about is a stock replacement. I think to use the backfire filter, you have to buy the metal piece, which costs about $100 at Rocky mountain. Please Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, I'm planning on doing the airbox mod. What exactly do I need to do ? Is it worth it ?

The cheapest I see the backfire filter for is $100. The filter i'm talkin about is a stock replacement. I think to use the backfire filter, you have to buy the metal piece, which costs about $100 at Rocky mountain. Please Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, I'm planning on doing the airbox mod. What exactly do I need to do ? Is it worth it ?

here ya go $29.99 with the fire retardent liner.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=40985&nav=3&sMMY=HONDA;CRF250X;2006

and no you dont have to buy the whole kit, including the metal cage (that you mentioned) the reason the ones you see cost so much is because it is for the whole kit.

Nothing that I've seen fits the stock filter cage properly except the stock filter--I've got several different kinds laying around my shop instead of on the bike because I don't like the way they fit. The stock filter flows fine once the air box is opened up (I wouldn't be using a 165 main jet if it was restrictive), the only problem with them is that the glue holding the foam to the stiched-on surface deteriorates from cleaning. I just keep a couple spare stock filters on hand--they aren't that expensive. I've tried the No-Toil filter oil and don't like it--its not tacky enough and gets sucked thru into the air boot. I prefer Bel-Ray--its more trouble to service the filter but nothing is gonna get thru it but air.

I use Twin Air - Always have... I use Bell Ray Oil - it's expensive but it's also thick and reliable! :applause: