Sign in to follow this  

Poor Boys pit Bike

Anybody got some great homemade tricks for the XR70 Suspesion and Bars. I need to make my 70 tall and very cheap.

u just have to save and spend the money...or learn to ride a monkey bike and take a beating, lol

Yeah pit bike MX is really expensive. A poor man's competitive pitbike costs like $2500 to build.

yea.. too rich for my blood, that's why i stick to stunting.. it's cheap :applause:

you'll either have to buy some better springs for teh front and rear or get stronger front springs and a new rear shock to gain heigth. there are rear shock extenders out there but i'm not fond of them at all

I know this is out of the question based on price but I got BBR front and rear stiffer springs and the dampening rods. BBR top triple clamp, 6 inch rise bars, xr80 front brake cable. It all works really well. On performance I got the BBR rev box, pipe, pod airfilter, and a 1 tooth bigger front sprocket. Oh, a good idea would to also get some bigger pegs and a longer shift lever, and I have learned that you shouldn't skimp on levers either, I got an AVS brake lever because I broke the shorty lever that I originally got.