Sign in to follow this  

CTI wrist braces

I just got me a set of wrist braces and was wondering if anyone else uses them?

I broke both arms last April and they still have limited motion in the wrist and hopeing this will help.

And since insurance covered most of the cost I guess it couldn't hurt to give them a try.

Picture280.jpg

Picture281.jpg

Looks good. I suffer from carpel tunnel and was wondering if these braces would help.

Did you have to order them?

they look good :applause:

after i broke my wrist i ran the 661 wrist wrap and it helped A LOT. Those braces look much more heavy duty and look very well made :applause:

im sure they werent cheap

they look good :applause:

after i broke my wrist i ran the 661 wrist wrap and it helped A LOT. Those braces look much more heavy duty and look very well made :applause:

im sure they werent cheap

They seem nice but have not had a test ride yet. They come with 3 different parts to limit range of motion and keeps my wrist from bending back where the pain is. And no they are not cheap, I think they are $400 but my insurance covered most of it:thumbsup:

They seem nice but have not had a test ride yet. They come with 3 different parts to limit range of motion and keeps my wrist from bending back where the pain is. And no they are not cheap, I think they are $400 but my insurance covered most of it:thumbsup:

right on they look like a nice piece of equipment, im sure they will help out a lot!. It will probably take some getting used to, especially on the right side with throttle control and such.

i got my asterik knee braces through my insurance after i had my knee injury. I only had to pay like 10% of retail :applause: My doctor rides and he reccomended them and i got a written approval for up to 800 bucks.

I have had my CTI wrist brace for well over a year now and from the 1st ride it has never botherd me nor can I even tell I have it on. I wear it along with a 661 wrist wrap underneath my glove and I believe it has saved my wrist on a few close calls. :applause: :applause:

genEric- let use know what you think about the braces, especially on the throttle side.. looks like when i get back into riding i will probably be heading that route.. i still dont have 100 percent range of motion in my right wrist but enough to turn the throttle.. does the braces limit that?

thanks

yz25

genEric- let use know what you think about the braces, especially on the throttle side.. looks like when i get back into riding i will probably be heading that route.. i still dont have 100 percent range of motion in my right wrist but enough to turn the throttle.. does the braces limit that?

thanks

yz25

I plan on riding next week and will be reporting.

I don't know if you can see it in the pics but the middle screw is used to hold in a plastic part that will stop the wrist from bending back any farther.....It came with 3 different sizes and you can always take it out so you have 4 options on the limit.

I am realy looking forward to trying them, I have been riding some indoor stuff without braces and would have to be very timid and keep my wrists stiff but I would always over-extend them at some point and it was painful for the rest of the ride:thumbsdn:

I just got mine last week but have yet to ride in it also. Was going use it last weekend at Big Cedar but when I put it on and just about to go out to practice, I thought this just wasn't the time to try and get used to riding with it so I put it back up. I plan on riding next weekend with it on though. Mine is carbon fiber too, just couldn't see getting any other color.

they look good...and damn you have some hairy arms

LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw my pic. Time for a little manscaping for spring:bonk:

I would like to hear how they work out for you. I messed up my wrist almost 5 months ago and things are still not right in there. I hate dealing with docs, but nevertheless I have thought about these to help with future injury.

Any updates on the product?

I still wear them every ride and the only thing I notice is when I havn't ridden in a while I will pump up my hands pretty quickly (I think it is from the small neoprene part over the palm?).....I have the thinest gloves I could find and use small grips.

My wrists still suck as far as flexibility (can't do push-ups unless on my fists) so the braces keep me from that while riding:thumbsup:

Great product that lets me ride pain free so it's well worth it to me:thumbsup:

Is there anything alse you do to help out with your wrists? Things like steering stabilizers, exercises, or those faist(?) handle bars?

Is there anything alse you do to help out with your wrists? Things like steering stabilizers, exercises, or those faist(?) handle bars?

No, I just try not to do what hurts lol.....I have pain with any quick wrist movements (I think it is tendonitis) but can ride all day without pain if I don't screw up:thumbsup:

I had a bunch of therapy for them and had little movement for a long time....Even wore this torture device to stretch the tendons but they still suck. I may have them looked at this winter when my work slows down but for now I just live with it and the braces help:thumbsup:

No, I just try not to do what hurts lol.....I have pain with any quick wrist movements (I think it is tendonitis) but can ride all day without pain if I don't screw up:thumbsup:

I had a bunch of therapy for them and had little movement for a long time....Even wore this torture device to stretch the tendons but they still suck. I may have them looked at this winter when my work slows down but for now I just live with it and the braces help:thumbsup:

Damn dude, sounds like you got it pretty bad. I broke my arm in 3 areas, 1 elbow, 2 non displaced fractures in my wrist last april also. Everything is healed but like you I dont have range of motion, and I cant do a push up unless on my fist. I hope my wrist will get better, I am so afraid of crashing, landing on wrist and hurting it more.