Clutch slip with new tranny oil.

I've just changed the tranny oil (Shell motorcycle light transmision oil 10-40), and now the clutch slips in 3rd & 4th when hard on the gas. Didn't happen before the oil change.

I've checked the clutch plates & spring and they look great, and are within tollerance, so the only thing I can conclude is that the oil is too slippery???:applause:

I guess I'll drop he oil & switch brands this weekend, but just wondered if anyone else has had similar issue?

The oil may be to slippery. I have used Penzoil 10-40 in my bike before and right away noticed that when I put it in my bike, I could not push my bike when it was cold with clutch ingauged and in gear, because the clutch plates were sticking togeter. My advise is to use honda oil. When I put honda oil back in my bike It would move in gear again.

Well, I finally got to the bottom of my 'slipping clutch'.

After a lot of head scratching, It turns out not to be the clutch at-all.

I should explain more........

I purchased the bike with moose's in both tyres. However, the clown that owned the bike before me, had not upgrades the rim-locks, and so with just one standard rim-lock (and plenty of mud) the wheel didn't need too much encouragement to spin inside the tyre, giving the impression of clutch slip.

Moral of the story, if your going to ride with moose's, UPGRADE YOUR RIM-LOCKS.

Oh well, a lesson for us all...

WR Geezer.