Sign in to follow this  

XR200 17"rear wheel to 18"

Anybody here do a conversion from the 17" to 18" rear wheel?? Before I do a search like to know any feed backs. Thanks

Well I was lucky that my 81 xr200r came with a 18" rear wheel stock. I would think it would just be a matter of getting a bare 18" rim with the same spoke count and rim width as your 17", then purchase the correct length spokes, lace it up to the same hub and if you don't know how to true it, just bring it to a local shop and have them do it. I had a couple of wheels trued and it was only about 20 bucks a wheel.

Hawkeye250, seen the job that you did to your 200 good Job. Well getting back to the wheel thing, is there a formula to compute the spoke lenght for the back Hub or any Hub for that matter. I've built alot of Bicycle wheels and was wondering if the same applies to motorcyle hubs. Hmmmmm.Thanks

Hawkeye250, seen the job that you did to your 200 good Job. Well getting back to the wheel thing, is there a formula to compute the spoke lenght for the back Hub or any Hub for that matter. I've built alot of Bicycle wheels and was wondering if the same applies to motorcyle hubs. Hmmmmm.Thanks

A late-80's XR250 18" wheel/hub bolts right on with no hassle.

"O"

First of all thank you. Well as far as a formula for spoke length, there might be one but I don't know what it is. If your rear hub is the same as my 81 hub, it would a simple matter of ordering the spokes for a 81 xr200r with the 18" rim. Most good shops that sell aftermarket parts should have a catalog on wheels and spokes that will tell them what size spokes fit what wheels. I would start there. Just tell them what you want to do and let them give you the info you need. Hope this helps.

Good luck:ride:

The years for the XR250 wheel are '86-'89... I had to look it up on my sticky, because I forgot....but afterall, that is what it's for.... Check around on Ebay for the wheel. If you don't see anything for 2 weeks, then start thinking about lacing up your own rim.