What to do: new or stick with the 2003

I've got a 2006 CRF450r, there is really nothing wrong with it other than time and a tweeked subframe (need to get on that). I've never rebuilt the top end, but the valves have been in spec the whole time too.

If I keep it I'd need to get tires( I'll need them if I sell it anyway), plastic, would probably do cables and that'd be about it.

I've been looking at new 06s and 07s, and used ones too. My main goal is to get something newer that would handle better, the 03 is a bit of a tank on the track and is horrible on the tight trails.

The other point is that the newer one would not breakdown, and I have no idea where the 03 is on that.

Opinions?

yes i had a 03 crf 450 and the 06 is a major improvement over it different frame feels almost like i'm on a 250f in comparison to the 03. put your 03 up for sale somebody will buy it i'm certain, theres some of the big guys that think the 05- 07 are to small they feel cramped on them, so there lookin for the older frame crf. don't get me wrong theres alot of big guys that like the newer frames as well.