Sign in to follow this  

Never a Suzuki

I have owned a lot of different bikes lately but never a suzuki. I had a 05KTM 450sx, 07 250SXF an 06 and 07 YZ250, a cr250 and several others before those.

I trail ride, track ride and race harescrambles. I have always changed the oil/filters and air filter (ready filters) after every race and every dusty ride.

The perception that the rmz450 is junk has been spread by people in this forum and in certain magazines to a degree. I really want a great handling bike that is reliable. I usually buy a new bike every year. I know any bike can let go with poor maintenace and sometimes bad luck. The fact that I haven't even thought of a suzuki is a testament to the power of suggestion that it has problems. Even my main riding buddy swears against them because 10 years ago he had problems with a drz.

I love the contingency program suzuki has as well.

I just decided, when it comes time to buy again, I am going to give the rmz450 a try. I have the rest of this season on the yz but come December I will have the 08.

Any ideas of possible future changes to the 08.

later

Well, with enough bad reports and if it is true, a new motor design may be in the near future.

So.... how much for the yz? :applause:

Based on the Dr report and some more TT testimonials I have reconsidered the previous post a decided I woulod be CRAZY to make the leap.

Blue and orange forever.... I guess.

Based on the Dr report and some more TT testimonials I have reconsidered the previous post a decided I woulod be CRAZY to make the leap.

I wouldnt believe everything you read and hear. That goes both ways for the good, bad and the ugly of any brand.

DO NOT reconsider anything.....TT is sometimes a good place to come for helpful info on fixing a bike or general questions, but when it comes to info about buyin new bikes dont listen to anything, not just this website but other websites too the only things you are gonna hear is bad stuff....never the good stuff there is like 4 people on TT that post in this forum about their bike blowing up yet its the first suzuki they ever had and if u look at all the threads carefully its the same exact people flaming suzuki....im just sayin dont reconsider if u havent ever owned or road a zook

Thor, you are right. The same went for my ktm's. I always got the terrible suspension and hard to find parts junk from non ktm riders. My first yz seized during break in due to a washer that somehow made its way into the cylinder. Yamaha bought me a new one and I have been sold on their product and service ever since. I just don't want to be stuck with a year old bike I can't sell because of speculation.

I will wait on making my decision until the end of the year.

Thanks

Great news, I love blowin' past blue and orange bikes. Need more of them out there to pass!

You say never a Suzuki, but i know of four KTM's that have dumped their entire crank and gearbox on the path, one was on tick over and the owner got on it gave the throttle a blip to pull away and it dropped the crank along with half of the gearbox and clutch onto the road, there are horror stories from all brands and these forums tend to get used by people looking for information to help them fix problems when the bikes go wrong. these people may never look on forums at all and ride happily for years but when your bike carc's it you need information and you need it now! so they air their problems in the hope of constructive responses to get the bike sorted again. So if you have problems you go to the forums which turns them into a list of gripes and gremlins for all brands, read them all but don't buy because of what you read here, make a choice and stand by it. if the bike goes wrong i feel for you cos it has happened to me (but not on my 4T zook's) but it does happen to them all in one way or another, the best you can do is minimise the chance of yours going pop with good maintenance.

It's easy to become attached to a brand. I guess it's human nature. I have no loyalty. I've had one good honda, 1 good kawasaki, 1 good yamaha, 1 Piece of crap(out of the box) yamaha in the 80's, 3 good suzuki's(two 4-strokes and one 2-stroke). I'd buy any of them again.

My opinion on bike is that too much energy is spent trying to associate with a brand. That makes for expensive purchases. Ride what you like, don't be afraid to try something different. You may like it better.

what problems? the hondas are dropping valves left and right ive heard nothing bad of the rmz i cant figure out why you would say this

I'm not sure why people always say the hondas have valve issues. I have worked on all bikes, i'm a mechanic, and i have seen hondas with valve issues but not every one. I just did a top end on a 03 crf450 that had not even been shimmed yet. My point is, to be brand loyal or to write off a brand completely is stupid!!! One bad experiance or hearsay from five years ago does not have anything to do with a new bike of any color.

With Off road bikes, its 90% rider, 10% bike.

If your fast..... your fast on any brand. PERIOD!!!

All brands are going to have bikes that have problems here and there.

There are many reasons to pick a certain brand. I chose Suzuki because of the race contingency program.

I used to ride Yamaha cause my buddy worked at a Yamy shop and I could get parts cheap.

I bought my son a Kawasaki cause I got a killer deal.

Some people buy KTM cause its easy to get a registration for them.

NON OF THEM SUCK!!!!

Except maybe Harley's. Even thats up for debate.

Go for the Suzuki if you want to. I made the leap yesterday. I have owned Honda's(still do) and Yamaha's. This is my first Suzuki. I figure if its good enough for RC its good enough for me