Sign in to follow this  

JD Kit Leak Jet (YZ250F)

Hey guys, just bought a 2006 YZ250F LE and decided to try out the JD jet kit, as I get a sputter at only ONE throttle opening. If I move the throttle slightly, the sputter goes away. Tried the TPS with no luck.

I have not installed the kit yet, but reading over the instructions about the o-ring, it's not clear at all. What leak jet does JD instruct to use? IIRC, not every bike comes with the same leak jet from factory.

Also, the bike I bought came with a Boysen Quickshot (I know, garbage). The AP only deals with bogging and whacking the throttle, which it does not have. Should install the o-ring or just leave it be?

just for refrence:

I am at about 200ft above sea level

Ride anywhere from 60-90 degrees

Not too humid in the hot weather, can be humid in the cold weather

Bike mods only consist of a PMB endcap (soon to be full Dr. D system)

I plan to:

185 Main Jet

JD Blue needle at 4th clip (Should this be 5?)

Stock 42 Pilot Jet

What about the Leak Jet and QS?

Thanks guys.

-Phill

Bike currently has the stock needle, was at 3rd clip, ran a tad bit better on 4th clip.

42 pilot leaves me at a 1.5 turn out and it's not too lean or rich. A 45 would seem too rich.

My question is not about the needle and such to run, but moreover the o-ring and ap and what to do with the jetting kit...

I suspect the Quick Bog can be tuned to work but I would have to have the carb in hand to know what its doing. I would recomend you get a stock cover so you can compare settings with others

I suspect the Quick Bog can be tuned to work but I would have to have the carb in hand to know what its doing. I would recomend you get a stock cover so you can compare settings with others

But what about:

I have not installed the kit yet, but reading over the instructions about the o-ring, it's not clear at all. What leak jet does JD instruct to use? IIRC, not every bike comes with the same leak jet from factory.

What leak jet does JD specify for use with thier kit?

250F's seem to work well with a #70 leak jet when also using the o-ring/AP mod.

Thank you. I'm assuming the thicker o-ring for motocross, and a thinner o-ring for trail riding?

Update. Just installed the kit. Ran the 4th clip posistion instead of the 5 and it's dialed. The 185 is much too rich though, maybe a 182 or 180 would do it.

72 degrees, 51% humidity, and half dirty air filter.

Just left the quickshot, but did not isntall the o-ring. Works just fine with the 60 leak jet.

Thanks guys.