Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride in central FL? (not tracks)

SO I just moved to central florida and just got my new bike and was wondering where to ride. I already know where all the tracks are and everything, but I want a place to ride where I can get used to my bike. Directions would be nice too (I live in Oviedo)!

Also, I've been hearing of a place called Croom? Where is this and what kind of riding is it? Thanks TT for all the help :applause: .

hey oviedo is close to me! another guy i ride with lives out in oviedo too...let me know if you need some one to ride with.

Croom is right at the interchange of SR50 and I75. It requires a permit that you can purchase at the gate which runs from July 1 thru June 30. It's $50 per year, but they do prorate it a little. I think they are $40 now and drop to $35 next month. Croom is 2300 acres and can get busy on the weekends. Camping is first come - first serve and costs $18 per night with power & water, and they have a decent bath house. Many riders here complain about the crowds, but if you get away from the day use areas and the campground you won't really encounter many other riders, especially on the north end.

Croom is nice for a change of pace, but you are just as close to the Ocala National Forest which offers much, much more riding possibilities, especially if you are riding a tagged bike.

go to floridatrailriders.org and you can get all you want

john

is there a site for thigns like this in South Carolina? :applause::confused::applause: