Sign in to follow this  

IMS SS pegs

just installed them today. Took about 1 min per side, and they are quite a bit wider than stock. They seem to have good grip, im happy with them :applause:

pegs008.jpg

pegs006.jpg

pegs004.jpg

pegs005.jpg

my poor bike needs a bath :applause:

Thanks for posting those. So what's the difference between those and the standard IMS. I got tired of wearing through Fastways and I will be trying IMS.

Looks great! As an FYI though, when I was having startign trouble on my 250, I was kicking alot. With these new pegs, one day I look down and there is a big hole in my right kicking boot from where it was hitting these new sharp IMS pegs. Seems to be very specific issue witht he the design/angle of the CRF kick start relative to the boot.

In the end, I took a grinder to the the outer spikes of the IMS right foot peg to round them off - to save the new boots I had to buy. FYI.

I like the Pro pegs better. Big sharp teeth and they are open so mud can't pack up in them.

pitposse_1938_42735843

Do they tear your boot up kicking the bike? They would seem to be safer than these slippery Fastways I've got here.

Do they tear your boot up kicking the bike? They would seem to be safer than these slippery Fastways I've got here.

There is something funky and specific to the design of the CRFs that make boot contact with pegs more likely on kick start. now, if you are a vet mechanic like Fred, your bike will fire on first kick and you wont have a problem. :applause:

BTW: any one triwed those rotating PowerPegz

My stock pegs ripped a good 2" through my mates fox pro-forma boots, he was trying to start my bike and slipped, hes used 2 kickin his ktm

I like the Pro pegs better. Big sharp teeth and they are open so mud can't pack up in them.

pitposse_1938_42735843

yea i was lookin at those as well.. I got the super stock ones for a good deal, well see how they hold up. I can always bust out the grinder and sharpen em up a lil :applause:

I haven't had any problems with them tearing up the boot at all.

There is something funky and specific to the design of the CRFs that make boot contact with pegs more likely on kick start. now, if you are a vet mechanic like Fred, your bike will fire on first kick and you wont have a problem. :applause:

BTW: any one triwed those rotating PowerPegz

Actually, my bike is trained to start just by telling it to. No need to kick.:lol:

Those PowerPegz look interesting. How about you buy a set and be the gunea pig?:applause:

Actually, my bike is trained to start just by telling it to. No need to kick.:lol:

Those PowerPegz look interesting. How about you buy a set and be the gunea pig?:applause:

i think i remember seeing a write up on here about powerpegz :applause:

You buy I'll try :applause: