Sign in to follow this  

Help Me..huge Argument...

Me and my buddy both have little dinky trail bikes. He's got a crf 230 and i've got a ttr-250 both bikes bones stock. We're both 19 years old these were our first bikes ever. We've decided to sell our bikes because we obviously got better at riding and need something that'll scare us again. So he's managed to sell his crf and he just told me that he's looking into getting a 660 raptor?? I was piissssed...i called him a sally and chirped 4 wheelers for about 10 mintues saying theres no skill involved and they're slow. Now i'm looking into a yz 250f, a wr 450 (if i can find a good deal) or a yz 426f. I told him that any on of these bikes would spank his raptor. I know that raptors have good top end but off the line the yz 250f would take it, and at the track the yz 250f would take it. Now im not sure of these stats i just told him this to try to change his mind. So what kinda of race am I looking at if I was driving these 3 bikes against the raptor. Also we kind of started arguing about the speed of a banshee vs. 660 raptor. Let me know I need to convince him he's making a mistake. He loves ridin dirty but says he wants to try something else too...so it's not an issue that he doesnt love riding bikes...he just hasnt been on anything faster and thinks raptors take out everything...

A Banshee will smoke a Raptor anyday..as for your race...:applause: I only ride with one kid who has a banshee and that thing is fast...but hes scared shitless of my 450f so were even :applause:

im mostly concerned about a raptor vs any of the bikes...and since i dont want it to be a question of whether i beat him i want to get a yz 426. i dont have enough $$ for the 450

If racing each other is the only thing you're concerned about :applause: :applause:

Your brother answered the question.......he wants to try something different.

It's all about HAVING FUN!!!!

Ride on

Brewster

YES RACING IS THE ONLY THING IM CONCERNED ABOUT AND SO IS HE....we've already put bets down...

If racing each other is the only thing you're concerned about :applause: :applause:

Your brother answered the question.......he wants to try something different.

It's all about HAVING FUN!!!!

Ride on

Brewster

My brother did the same thing. He sold his bike and got a raptor. I had (at the time) a yz426f. We raced them all day long at the dunes (glamis) and I would beat him most of the time, he was pretty close though. Also, you should note that the 426 was stock, and the raptor had a LOT of work done to it (pipe, extended swing arm ect)

Everywhere but the sand my DRZ400S (dual sport) smokes my buddies YFZ450 (quad). My bike is just too heavy for sand:thumbsdn:

Note that it is easier on the body to ride a bike. You can go alot more places and through tight trails on a bike. I own a 660 raptor and an xr400. Neither are stock and are vary comparable in drags. I also own a 450. A small stroke big bore 4 stroke (250 or 450) will beat the raptor, especially over any type of terrain. Not even in the same league.

No quad will keep up with a bike. Face it, your buddy's a cross dresser.:applause: Either find a new riding buddy or buy him some make-up to match his new ride.:applause:

on the beach in a straight drag my wr 450 smokes my mates honda 475 racing trike he runs methal benzene, gearing lets him down.

on any trail that actually matters, a crf150 will spank a raptor all day. that's because real men ride singletrack, and lardass quads don't fit on singletrack. the end. if your friend buys a quad, just kick him to the curb and start hanging out with someone cool.