Sign in to follow this  

How do you dry your air filter

What is the most efficient, quickest, safest method to dry my uni filter? The humidity is pretty high now, I don't think it will dry overnite just sitting. I was thinking about blowing it out with the compressor, to give it a head start. I don't have any of those cool boot drier things or I would use that.:applause:

Ken

In my motocross days, I would just use a paper towel and moderately squeeze the filter and paper towel together to absorb the excess water, do this a few times , then let the filter sit or just oil it up..... I have only cleaned my DRZ SM filter once, but it is only ridden on pavement, so it rarely needs cleaning.

you could buy a second filter. for $20 you have one ready for the bike at all times. no missed rides because your filter rips at 10pm the night before.

I put a paper towel on the outside and inside and squeeze then repeat if it's wet out or raining I hang it in front of a fan. Pretty much always dry overnight.

OTOH: I have three filters so I'm never in much of a hurry....

What is the most efficient, quickest, safest method to dry my uni filter? The humidity is pretty high now, I don't think it will dry overnite just sitting. I was thinking about blowing it out with the compressor, to give it a head start. I don't have any of those cool boot drier things or I would use that.:applause:

Ken

the air compressor ruins filters! the high pressure air is too harsh for filters elements, both k&n and foam. just squeeze it, dab it, and let it sit

the air compressor ruins filters! the high pressure air is too harsh for filters elements, both k&n and foam. just squeeze it, dab it, and let it sit
dido,but when i was in a hurry a hair drier would work just don't let it get to hot

dido,but when i was in a hurry a hair drier would work just don't let it get to hot

Did you use any styling products with the hair drier? :applause: ya ive used a hair dryer on Hi / Cool Mode. That works good.

I lay one of those 8 inch diameter desktop office fans on it's back, and place the filter on top of the metal fan cage.

Works very well!

:applause:

I also have two filters, so one is always dry and ready top go, anyhow.

Thanks for the replies, yesterday afernoon I cleaned both my filters(one has been sitting here dirty for weeks). I used the UNI filter spray and then rinsed it in hot water. It was supprisingly easy and quick. I squeezed as much water as I could out and then grabbed a few paper towles and squeezed it again with the towles around it. Hung them on my mirrors and they were both dry this morning. Oiled, greased the rim and installed one this morning, oiled the other and sealed it in a poly bag. Ken

I fold mine into my mouth and suck it dry. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

:applause::applause: :lol: i almost fell out of my chair at work laughing. Everyone is lookin at me like im crazy cuz i just busted out laughing and it was dead quiet.. :cry:

I place mine between several layers of paper towel and stand on them. If I don't have overnight to finish drying them I shop vac them dry.