Sign in to follow this  

Plastics Question

I have an 01 and Im wondering if any of the newer bodywork tank etc...will fit my 01..... anyonbe try to bolt up 05-07 tank shroud combos???i hate the 01 tank and shrouds plus hard to find good graphics//////Thanx in advance

if graphics is the reason for new plastics, then try MOTO XXX im pretty sure they have good graphics for 01' bikes.

nope looked already....last ones i put on didnt last long on the tank .... Damn gas vapors seepin through...

use graphics glue, and make sure you dont spill the gas on the tank, and if you accidently do, wipe it up instantly.

The 2006 & 2007 tank, shrouds, etc won't work because they switched to an aluminum frame with different attachment points. I am pretty sure the 2003-2005 are interchangeable, but not with the 2001-2002 bikes.

So the answer is 2001-2002 only.

If you do a search in the YZ 400/426/450 forum for "plastic conversion", you will find some guys that put '03-'05 plastic on their '02-older bikes. It requires a lot of parts and maybe a little welding for the tank mount, but it can be done. Good luck!