Sign in to follow this  

stock dual exhaust

hey again everybody time for another question. i love the stock dual exahust on my 99 te410, it does look cool and i understand it is likely restrictive being forest legal and sound legal or whatever, id like to keep them especially because aftermarket exahust is quite pricey, my question is what does everybody think about modding the stock mufflers to get a bit more grunt, by that i mean removing whatever the hell is in there blocking the exhaust up so its quiet and non-forest fire. i have yet to open my cans up to see whats inside but i figured id give a hollar to everybody on here.

hey again everybody time for another question. i love the stock dual exahust on my 99 te410, it does look cool and i understand it is likely restrictive being forest legal and sound legal or whatever, id like to keep them especially because aftermarket exahust is quite pricey, my question is what does everybody think about modding the stock mufflers to get a bit more grunt, by that i mean removing whatever the hell is in there blocking the exhaust up so its quiet and non-forest fire. i have yet to open my cans up to see whats inside but i figured id give a hollar to everybody on here.

I wonder how much modification it would take to use some current TE cans? That would provide a lot of flow and you can usually find those around as a lot of bike were shipped with two mufflers. :applause: