Sign in to follow this  

VOR en2002 => Supermoto Wheels

Hello all :cry:

first of all, it's my first thread on this forum that seems giant. I'm a french guy so don't care about my english that may be poor sometimes!! :cry:

Okey, i get a VOR EN 2002 in good conditions, very powerfull bike, i like it, it's easy to use, frame and suspentions seems to be perfect for me.

I've posted pictures on bikepics (every Vor rider should do the same :applause: ) 2006%5C11%5C16%5Cbikepics-725054-full.jpg

but, as the summer is coming, i was thinkin to turn it too supermotard (supermoto for you guys :p)

And, shit, i can't get wheels!! I know a garagist who goes every 2 month in Italy and could get brand new supermoto wheels from Vor "factory". But it's around 1500€ (1700$ at least, whithout tires :p ). Nearly same price than the bike!

And i don't want to sacrifice my hubs in new rims :lol:

I would like to know if there is a solution to adapt 17 inches Wheels from any other brand? (it means that hubs fit )

Or if you know someone who sells hubs and could export it too France i would be able to get rims...

Well, the cheaper solution is the perfect one :eek:

Thanks you guys for your answers... and for those who speack french, there is a good thread of Vor bikes on 17pouces.net http://forum.17pouces.net/viewtopic.php?t=40089

Many pictures anyway for the others...

Byebye :applause:

Nice bike!!!

Wish I could help you with wheels, but I'd love the same, that depending whether the California DMV loves me enough to allow me to register my 2002 EN450 for the street. Unfortunately it will be a loosing battle. Wrong item in the 8th digit in VIN. But good luck, it's a wonderful bike.

P1000046.jpg

P1000045.jpg

I'll upload some better pictures as soon as I take them. Only had the bike a couple weeks. Have fun with it.

E.

I got my supermoto wheels from the Talon destributer here in Aus, when I had my VOR..

Talon Hubs

excel rims

plus the correct spaces..

For the Vor the choice of colours was less then say the jap bikes..

I had gold hubs and silver rims and spokes it looked :applause::lol::applause:

Then the ass fell out of the VOR company so I had to sell it:crazy: :cry:

$2500 AUS

for the complete kit and including chain and sprocket and michelin pilot power tyres

Bonjour !

You can get Talon wheels direct from the manufacturer in loads of different colours, however, red rims seem to cost more. They also supply Braking front 320mm discs, and also the correct sprockets for a supermoto setup. The spacers for the front wheel they supplied to me were for the supermoto version of the bike which had different yoke (triple tree) spacing for the forks on the front end. If you get these spacers, then you will have to get them turned down to fit in between your forks.

If you go for the 320m conversion, I found it difficult, in fact impossible to get a caliper relocating bracket for the disc.:applause: I ended up buying a Motomaster 4 pot caliper and geting a spacer machined. All this then fits tightly in between the current fork arrangement. It also looks so much better.:applause:

If you want any more info/pictures, spacer dimensions and Caliper bracket design, let me know.

Talon website - www.talon-eng.co.uk

You will have to contact Talon to specify which wheels you want as they don't list them on the website. When I get home later, i'll dig out the reference details for the wheels, so they know exactly what to produce if you decide to order them.

Hope that helps.

Ed

hey guys, thanks for answering me!

i mailed talon.co.uk but i got to answer them about many things.

Rims sizes are 17" x 3.50 & 17" x 4.25?

Should i prefer excel or morad rims?

I also found a contact in france for Cheaps wheels, but i need to know dimension of the hubs

66.47E8?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

67.C3C?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

Thirteen, thanks for this site but price are crazy :applause:

i'll be back tomorrow, it's 2 am here and i need to sleep!!

gn

ThOrGaL,

I went for the 3.5 x 17" and 4.25 x 17" Excel rims in gold and black, which seems to be about the most common size and colour for the VOR.

Excel are more expensive than morad (which I found out later) and are reputed to be the best ? I got a 160 tyre on the back wheel with plenty of room either side of the swing arm. Yes, they are expensive, but it's the quick and easy option. the other option is to find a set of second hand VOR wheels take the hubs out of them and get them laced up to a set of morad/excel rims.

I'll get some dimensions of the whole setup for you later/tomorrow.

Ed

ThOrGaL,

I went for the 3.5 x 17" and 4.25 x 17" Excel rims in gold and black, which seems to be about the most common size and colour for the VOR.

Excel are more expensive than morad (which I found out later) and are reputed to be the best ? I got a 160 tyre on the back wheel with plenty of room either side of the swing arm. Yes, they are expensive, but it's the quick and easy option. the other option is to find a set of second hand VOR wheels take the hubs out of them and get them laced up to a set of morad/excel rims.

I'll get some dimensions of the whole setup for you later/tomorrow.

Ed

Okey, i was thinking about excel too, these rims are described like the best by everyone!

I've send an email to talon for a price of a package includings wheels,hubs and brakes.

I'm also looking for second hand VOR...

Thanks for your help

Where in France are you ? Although it's a bit far for you to travel :applause: , Meredith Motocross in Bristol UK have a brand new 530 MX VOR 2004 model for sale at £2500. The cost of transportation isn't too much these days....

If interested, look here : http://www.meredithmotocross.com/

get the telephone number and ask to speak to Nigel.

Ed

Hello, thank for this reply but 2500£ it's really too much money for a student as i am :applause:

For information, i get my 2002 vor for 2000€, so it seems to be a good price for a 2 yrs later bike ,but i'm oom (out of money^^)

hello, i'm in avignon (south).

Thanks but 2500£ really too expensive, i was thinkin to a bike like an old 503 with a dead motor for a cheaper price :applause:

But these offers are rare :]

Shit i tought i have already replied! two times i did an answer and just forget to post it :lol:

Ok! So i was thinkin to a "dead" bike, with damaged motor for exemple.

But, i get the answer from talon

here it is :

-------VOR

1 x TW7??K-BK/BK - Front wheel 17" x 3.50 black hub/black R K Excel rim - £294.00p each + VAT

1 x TW6??Y-BK/BK - Rear wheel 17" x 4.25 black hub/black R K Excel rim - £334.00p each + VAT

1 x TR340 x 40T - Talon rear sprocket - £18.75p each + VAT

1 x STX58D - Braking 320mm front wave disc - £149.80p each + VAT

------------------------------

So 295+335+20+150=800£=1200€=1 570 US$ .... ouch!!!

And there is no caliper (hope it's the good word), no brakes pads, and no bracket?!

Should i change the original caliper? (brembo 2 pistons), it may be a little short for a good brakin i guess...

For the rear sprocket, i can get it for a price of 60€... so i believe that i could be able to found those parts for a short price :applause:

I'm continuing my researches :applause:

EDIT : LoooooooooooooooooL my answers were in page 2 i didn't forget to post'em ah ah ah

Try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supermoto-wheels-CCM-644-trial-motocross-on-off-road_W0QQitemZ190085400487QQihZ009QQcategoryZ122290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item19008540048

They're CCM supermoto wheels.

At the moment, they're £50. You'll need to change the bearings if they're different to VOR to get the correct spindle diameter, make the correct wheel spacers and possibly offset the rim by adjusting the spokes.

Ed.

Oh, and to run a 320mm disk, whether you use your existing brembo caliper or an aftermarket one like Motomaster, you'll have to get a caliper bracket made up.

Why is EVERYTHING hard to find for a VOR. :applause::applause:

Try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supermoto-wheels-CCM-644-trial-motocross-on-off-road_W0QQitemZ190085400487QQihZ009QQcategoryZ122290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item19008540048

They're CCM supermoto wheels.

At the moment, they're £50. You'll need to change the bearings if they're different to VOR to get the correct spindle diameter, make the correct wheel spacers and possibly offset the rim by adjusting the spokes.

Ed.

Yeah thank for it but i'm really not keen of ebay!

Oh i see you seem to know many thing about wheels :cry:, do you know if supermoto wheels need to be equilibrated (like car's wheels?)

Oh, and to run a 320mm disk, whether you use your existing brembo caliper or an aftermarket one like Motomaster, you'll have to get a caliper bracket made up.

Why is EVERYTHING hard to find for a VOR. :applause::lol:

Oh yeah, i knew it, well, bracket not expensive, it's just a little piece of steel...:applause:

Well it's not so hard, i'm just looking for the cheaper way, i can command new wheels from italia right now.

I think i gonna use my hubs from enduro wheels, ni a first time, then i'll find a new hubs pair when i'll get the money. I really need to turn my bike to supermoto for this summer :eek:

see you :cry:

Yeah thank for it but i'm really not keen of ebay!

see you :applause:

WHAT!???! The seller has feedback of 508, its not likely that he'll rip you off.

You're getting some good advice here to save you some money. Take it!

ThOrGaL,

The wheels can be balanced if you like, but I found that id doesn't make as much difference as it does on a roadbike or a car.

I've tried both, and the unbalanced wheels are bareable.

Good luck getting the wheels sorted.

Cheers,

Ed

Husaberg and early KTM (with 20mm spindles) will fit - you will just have to make some spacers (or use the ones off your off-road wheels. If you use very wide tyres you might have to adjust the rim off-set so the chain misses the edge of the tyre.