Sign in to follow this  

?? on frame guards for an 07 WR250F

Anyone know of a vendor selling plastic frame guards for the new Yamaha "07" WR250F (1st year with the new aluminum frame)? The "06" YZ250F guards only fit the right side. The 06 YZ250F left guard is a mismatch at the lower rear frame extension?

Sorry that I don't have an answer to your question, but I would also be curious of the same answer. I am developing rather large ugly black marks all of the aluminum from my boots rubbing. I thought about the YZ ones, but am glad I didn't order them per your comment about the left guard not matching up.

how about "rock gard" a clear plastic film ues to potect head lights. i get mine from trim line.

Sorry that I don't have an answer to your question, but I would also be curious of the same answer. I am developing rather large ugly black marks all of the aluminum from my boots rubbing. I thought about the YZ ones, but am glad I didn't order them per your comment about the left guard not matching up.

I noticed that too after I rode my new '07, but a green scotchbrite pad and 20 secondes of buffing and it looks like new again.

I'm not sure but you used to be able to get clear sticker material in a 8X10 sheet. If that's still available that would work. If you do that, clean the frame up with the scotchbrite first, then some contact cleaner, and finish off with some 91% isopropyl alcohol. The frame will be clean enough after that to stick the clear over it and it should stay.

Good Luck!!!!

I've spent far too much lately but will be getting some of these next month... the frame looked like it took a beating after 2 hours in the mud last weekend.

Frame%20Protection%20YZF%2006%20tall.jpg

Are those frame guards above for a 2007 WR250f??!! And if so where did you see them??! They're very nice! (And they're a must for the aluminum frame) I cant find them anywhere! :applause:

where do you find those carbon fiber frame gaurds!!?!? i want some for my 06 yz250f. where can i get "never dull" i have the same problem on my frame also my tech 8s leave an ugly black mark too

I assume frame guards are purely for cosmetic then to prevent scuffing? This is a mx bike we are talking about.

My 04 frame is now highly polished from my boots! Now I know that some of the aluminum guards do protect the rear brake reservoir so I understand that, but the left side?

mx813