Sign in to follow this  

FMF jet kit parts

i have a question for anyone that has used the fmf jet kit on a 2007, i think its the same for a 2006 too, yz250f. i installed what the instructions recommended and my bike runs terrible until you get to about 3/4 throttle. i think its too rich so i was going to move up the needle clip one position (i think that leans it out right?). however, somehow the instructions have disappeared and im trying to find out what jets i have in the bike now. i still have the bags with part numbers; dj 142,146,148,150,and 160. if anyone has the instructions and could be able to tell me what jets i have in the bike that would be great. also does anyone know what size o ring to use to do the ap mod?

I have a kx250F 2004 and just rebuilt the bike and run FMF jets and have the same problem. I am switch back to stock jets today and will stick with the oem jets or JD jets.

Wow, FMF putting out a shotty product, doesn't surprise me!

I'd try a JD. Even if you have problems, at least you know they will stand behind thier product and help you out.

I just had the FMF kit overnighted by the only company open on a Friday afternoon and that is what they had. I guess I will not ride the new WR at tomorow's enduro. So the JD is the only way to go on jets? Which ones does it include? Does the 40 leak jet have to be ordered through the dealer?

Thanks.

John

well i finally found the instructions and realized that the only jets they give you are main jets and a different needle jet. i just put the jetting back to stock. i think one of the reasons the bike was running so badly is maybe the float is too high after i shut the engine off gas spills from the overflow tube. does anyone know where i could get the o ring for the accelerator pump the fmf kit doesn't come with one

Well, so far I've found the factory jetting spec's for my 07 are too rich for 80 deg @ 600' ASL.

For above conditions, I like 175MJ, 3rd clip, 40 PJ @ 2.5 out. This all may change as I've only 3 hrs on bike with stock exhaust.