Sign in to follow this  

what do you guys think of the fox 180 pant?

1. dont buy fox they suck

2. they dont support the riding community

spot on!

yea 07 THOR AC pants, they feel so light..iv'e always been with thor, and sometimes No fear

The 180 is a little better than an entry level pant. If you compare it to a very well made pant like Troy Lee SE, you would think it was junk but keep in mind it's half the price for a reason. It's like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Hey I just switched over from mountain biking, so the cheapest MX gear is 10x better than the most expensive crap that industry pumps out. :applause:

I bought my first pair of Fox 180's in 1998. They have one small tear in the left knee, from snagging it on something. Otherwise, they're holding up great. The logos have faded a bit, but as far as the build quality I haven't had one problem with them and being a woods rider, they've had all kinds of shit thrown at them and dealt well with all of it. Nothing is falling apart on them.

I got such good results from them that when I bought a new bike last spring, I bought a new pair of 180's also. And the quality of the build is still there.

I've used Fox gear since the early '80s. They know how to build ride gear. They've been doing it since the '70s. My Fox chest protector was bought in '98 also, been crashed all to hell countless times. Nothing is broken on it, nothing has fallen off it. I still wear it. Oh, yeah...my bad...some of the stickers on it are scratched.:applause:

I had em, and I hated em, no room for knee brace, the cuffed leg is too tight, cant pull them up high enough for room to bend your knee with out getting so tight you cant move. just the velcro on my knee brace tore up the inside, and they get all twisted and they just suck. Troy Lee from now on. just my 2 cents and experience.

Only wearing them to watch TV and water the garden doesn't count.

That's because I don't wear them around my knees the way you wear your pants. :applause:

I had em, and I hated em, no room for knee brace, the cuffed leg is too tight, cant pull them up high enough for room to bend your knee with out getting so tight you cant move. just the velcro on my knee brace tore up the inside, and they get all twisted and they just suck. Troy Lee from now on. just my 2 cents and experience.

I've worn CTi2 braces on both knees since 2000, and EVS braces before that. Never had a problem with them...sounds like maybe yours were too small for you??? :applause:

They suck. The knees are like paper thin. I will never buy Fox pants again.

I just had a gaping hole in the right knee from like 2 times rubbing on the side of a hill in a tight singletrack.

It wasn't from a fall or anything. They are a joke.

No idea how people above said they hold up well.

Maybe they just ride around camp.

I have a pair of their 360 pants from a year or so ago, and they were the worst pants I have bought. There was a tear in them within 5 rides, and the overall quality was nowhere near my Thor.

They suck. The knees are like paper thin. I will never buy Fox pants again.

I just had a gaping hole in the right knee from like 2 times rubbing on the side of a hill in a tight singletrack.

It wasn't from a fall or anything. They are a joke.

No idea how people above said they hold up well.

Maybe they just ride around camp.

Hardly.

But there's no need for a pissing match...mine are great, yours suck....it is what it is....