Sign in to follow this  

Mounting a Trailtech Vapor or Endurance

How are most of you mounting your Trailtech devices? I got one for Xmas and don't care for the plastic bar clamp that comes with it. I ordered the dashboard, but my dealer sent me the one for a Endurance, so I need to exchange it.

Here's the main point of my post. Trailtech tech support advised me to get the 022-P05 mount, which attaches to the upper triple clamp. You have to drill 2 holes in the triple clamp and use 2 self tapping screws that come with it. :lol: I am leaning towards the 022-TM mount, which attaches via the handlebar clamps, No drilling. :applause:

What to do, what to do...:applause:

Thanks in advance for your comments..

- Geoff

Thanks. :applause:

I hope others will post their experience and if possible, pics? I always like to see what others have done so I don't reinvent the wheel..

I'm not sure which part number I have, but I bought the billet protector for mine, and it installs nicely. I simply replaced the two top bar clamp bolts with 2 longer bar clamp bolts to accomodate the thickness of the protector. No drilling...plus it feels really bomber.

One thing I want to share with you that I wouldn't want anyone to replicate. When I was cleaning the old number off of my front number plate, I used some of that "Goof off" in the spray bottle. Some of the mist from cleaning the front number plate passed over the plate and landed on the face of the Trail Tech. That stuff pretty much melted the clear plastic into a hazy mess.

Don't do that...

Other than that I think they're great tools to have.

Here's how I mounted my 022 tm. I didn't want it so far forward.

DSC04647.jpg

[DSC04648.jpg

DSC04649.jpg

Nice! Where'd you get those spacers between the mount and the handlebar clamp? I also assume you had to find some long bolts to go all the way through the mount, spacer and clamp. Nice setup!

I have a lathe and made my own custom bushings out of some stainless stock. I got the one inch longer bolts from the hardware store.

I mounted mine with the drill and tap method.

But, I mounted it to the top handlebar clamp!!!!

This mount has a little give and still puts it behind the headlight shroud

TrailTechVapormount2Large.jpg