Sign in to follow this  

Big boys

OK did a search got some results, but I'm gonna ask straight out.

I'm 225 w/o gear. I race c class in the local Harescrambles in KY.

the tracks are fairly tight with moderate to challenging hills.

I'm currently on a WR400 and I like it a lot, but I've go

t a line on an '05 WR250f

does it have enough juice to pull my big A$$ up the hills?

Thanks in advance

yes it should, my friend has a 04' wr250f, and his dad weighs like 225 or sumthin, and he can easily make it up a pretty nice hill climb.

I range between 220-225 lbs w/o gear and ride a '05 wr250. My bike has enough guts to haul my butt up, down, over and around anything I can throw at it. I really like it in the tight and rough stuff.

Thanks guys. I'm almost sold. The 400 has gobs of power..more than I can use my CURRENT skill level. I really leaning toward making this move!

Lets just say that a medium rider weights 165lbs. Do you really think that 55 lbs will make much difference? I don't think it will.

the motocross bikes like the 250f and 450f have tons or toque and power to get u going on those steap hillls, but the WR can do the job also :applause:

My cousin goes 270 lbs on his 250f and can take his bike pretty much anywhere he wants. Hes got it pinned most of the time though.

If you find it lacking there are several big-bore options that WILL give you enough power. Even the smallest kit 263cc makes a big difference.

Thanks fellas

I hoping to pull the trigger tomorrow!

If you really ride in tight woods, you'll never look back on the decision with regret.