70's solid aluminum handle bars

Back in the 70's I had a pair of solid aluminum handle bars with no crossbar:cry: . Does anyone out there remember the name of the manufacturer of this type of bar. Seems like it started with C.

I had Chaparral bars on my Dirt Squirt. (No affiliation with the mail-order/SoCal dealerhip Chaparral of today.)

I'm not sure if any of the solid bars are still around, but you could try AMS in AZ (www.amsracing.com) or Speed & Sport in NorCal. (www.speedandsport.com) Either could point you in the right direction.

I have a pair of those on my kids XL250. I don't recall seeing a name on them when I painted them. I'll look again.

Dave

I had a pair of those on my '74 CR250 Elsinore. I believe they were Cycle-Am.

Back in the 70's I had a pair of solid aluminum handle bars with no crossbar:cry: . Does anyone out there remember the name of the manufacturer of this type of bar. Seems like it started with C.

TRY CALLING Randy at MDR in escondido,Ca.

he knows everything!

I dont think mine were Inter-Am. I got them in 1973 for my Yamaha SC500. Now that was a fun Bike. I picked up an old 73 Yamaha LT 100 a few years back with an even weirder bend then the Huge Desert bars I had. They may have started with an S also. They were not made by Thorsten Hallman but it might have been a European Name. Talk about a long Over the hill moment 3 years and I still have not remembered the name.

• Like 1

When my dad first started racing in the early 70’s someone gave him some bent ones that he ran on his Hodaka. I could try asking him.

Picked up a C&J Project bike. They polished out really well. Took a while though going down in grit's. Then alum polish. 

They were orig black. Hi - desert bend. Really like 'em.  Bought some from K&N in the mid 70's. Not sure who made these?

20180509_170934.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, 1stroke said:

Zombie Back from the bowels,,,,,,, It was K&N.......

Why did you bump this?

Was researching old alum bars, and I wanted to. 

Newbie from 2004.....

Edited by 1stroke