Sign in to follow this  

Carnegie the loooong Way

Hi guys.. odd question.. I have a street legal 200cc bike.. no truck, and i'd like to get to carnegie and go out riding this weekend... so i have 2 questions

1. How can i get to Carnegie using only backroads with roards that are 55 mph posted or under?

2. once i can find a way there, i'll be alone. So if it's possible, i'd like to meet some people from here who are willing to ride with a beginner who hasnt been out on diert in a while.

please help! Thank you! =) :applause:

You can PM me too with any suggestions. thanks

Will you have enough gas to ride once you get there? I don't know if you're coming from the bay area or the central valley.

I'm from stockton, yes.. and i'm a girl, lol. i have a suzuki dr-200 endura... i suppose i might have to carry a small gas can in a backpack.. i wish i had a truck. Thank you for the map. charter is the 4 west. i dunno what the speed limit is there, so that's an idea. i might just have to go down that road and see if my lil engine can do it.. If i could afford to i'd go buy a truck.. but i'd still need some one to help me load it up, lol :applause:

If you follow the mapquest directions, you will pass a Safeway gas station at 11th and Corral Hollow where you could top off the tank if needed. It's only about 8 miles from there to the park.

I'm from stockton

The good part or the bad part?

Stockton is amazing like that. You can be in a nice neighborhood and like 2 miles you're in the ghetto. There generally isn't a smooth transition like other cities

north stockton, my street is nice.. but it's adjacent to one of the worst streets. you go from single family 70's nice homes with big yards, a creek, trees, to duplexes, a drug-dealing church, ghetto apartments.. but.. my house is nice.

so depending on the weather i will drive my happy ass out there.. is it safe to ride trails alone, being kind of a beginner and all?

is it safe to ride trails alone, being kind of a beginner and all?

I would say no. You would probably be ok but you never know. Given you are talking about Carnige on the weekend I don’t think you will really be alone.

Hopefully someone in your area will chime in and you can get together for a ride. If not try posting a "want to ride" post. What kind of vehicle do you drive? There are other options other that a new truck. Most cars will pull a small trailer.

I might be going out for a few hours Saturday depending on the weather. I'd be happy to show you around the place. Most of the fire roads are wide and fairly safe, but we are talking about Carnegie. Lots of uneducated (about riding etiquette) people out there. I'll pm you if I'm going to make it.

What type of tires do you have on the bike? If they are good for the street, you should make sure that Carnegie has dried out after a rain. The clay can get slippery.

I've had two leg injuries out there riding alone mid-week. Not many other riders mid-week. I was lucky to get back to my truck.

Ride on

Brewster

Yeah. i dunno if i will go out there this saturday.. my tires aren't that great for mud, and i'm inexperienced in mud.. I drive a mercedes.. i thought about it, but i just can't put a hitch on it.. lol. it might not look so good that way. Hopefully it doesnt rain too much. i like the dirt packed douwn, but not clay-like. So it's gonna depend on the weather. THank you guys for all your help!

Carnage ge is a narly hill climb place watch out when going over the tops it could be straight down on other side.

Sylverphire - there will be all kinds of people there, you won't be alone. You can play in the lower portions & the easy stuff or take the green trails around.

It's a fairly open place and visibility is good compared to other places.

http://www.bageco.com/hitchlistscurt/hitchlistcu_merce.htm has hitches for MBs. Get a light weight trailer, CelticDude has a nice set up he pulls behind his PT Cruiser, PM him and I'm sure he can help you. That way you can put some knobbies and roost superslyko!

How was vacation ?, I took my truck to get serviced last week and they said you were gone for the week, me and Gary are going to go out to Carnegie tomorrow afternoon and spin some donuts on our quads, maybe t-bone a rangers truck or somethin..wanna go ?

TIMSCAN0003.jpg This is how I spent my days in AZ. Found this fantastic track someone built 10 minutes from the house, 3 40/50 foot table tops, 8 sets of doubles, most turns with big berms, 1.8 miles long. Someone with a tractor spend major time making this track.

Yeah. i dunno if i will go out there this saturday.. my tires aren't that great for mud, and i'm inexperienced in mud.. I drive a mercedes.. i thought about it, but i just can't put a hitch on it.. lol. it might not look so good that way. Hopefully it doesnt rain too much. i like the dirt packed douwn, but not clay-like. So it's gonna depend on the weather. THank you guys for all your help!

I just left carnegie and its muddy. The west hills are closed and if it rains anymore I doubt that they will be open this weekend:ride: . If you are a novice rider the east hills can be pretty difficult if they are muddy. good luck