Sign in to follow this  

I need some tips!!!!!!!!

close ur eyes, hold the throttle wide open and pray... haha no for me its all about rhythm and keeping the front end up. but some even for me, throw me around. just take em easy until u get used to em thats pretty much it

For me I like to lean back & try to keep the front slightly off the ground but like toast said deep whoops much difficult, either way whoops will beat the crap out of all of use lol .

Ride them on the back tire, and only let the front "tip" the top of the next bump to maintain your line. Keep your butt as far back as possible (stand up on the pegs), and keep your elbows loose but have a firm grip on the bars...

Keep the throttle wide open, lean backover the rear of the seat , hold the handlebar realy hard and concentrate squeezing the frame and seat at the same time.

Keep a consistant throttle. No up and back stuff. Stay on the throttle hard, and lean back. Keep your front wheel up, and dont let the rear fender or seat come up and hit you in the balls cuz you are too low. And have fun. Let your rear soak up most of the bumps.

Lean back, upshift and keep in the gas. Faster you go the easier they become. You don't have to "pin it" but you aren't going to get anywhere at an idle either. Start out on smaller whoops and work up. Your smaller wheels on the 150 are going to make it more difficult but I've seen kids on 65's that would blow me away in the whoops.

From another site from a female teacher:

If you are good in the whoops you can make up a ton of time and make alot of passes! Whoops generally follow a corner so it is imperative that you take the proper line through the corner to set you up properly to enter the whoops. By maintaining good cornering speed, you will be able to actually accelerate through them or time them depending on the distance between the whoops or the timing required.

Generally speaking, the smallest height of whoops will usually be on the outer edges of the track. Use it! A line will almost always form somewhere near the middle, where generally everyone else is going. Just because everyone is taking it does not necessarily make it the fastest or smoothest line, in fact many times it is just the opposite. The more a line is used, the choppier and nasty the line becomes, and because everyone is using it, passing becomes difficult if not impossible. If one person makes a mistake, everyone behind is affected.

Look where you want to go. Decide before you get there! The faster you go, the further ahead you will need to look. Find the most worn down spots and use them to your advantage, whether as an acceleration point or landing point. If a section of the whoop is larger, followed by smaller ones, use the larger whoop as a ramp and jump over a section of them. The less you hit, the more energy you will have over the course of the race or ride. DO NOT FOLLOW! If one person makes a mistake, everyone behind is affected. If someone is in your line, have an alternate choice available.

If the whoops are close together pick a good line that goes all the way through them and accelerate, keeping the front end light. You want the front wheel to clear or skim the tops of the whoops without dropping into the face of them. Set the front wheel down where you want it to drop. The rear wheel will push straight through the whoops as long as you have the throttle on. Keep your body moving forward and back (kinda like a rocking horse action) as you work through them to maintain your speed and rhythm. Never stay in one position on the bike. You must keep moving and accelerate!

Timing whoops is also an important skill. Some sections you can't hold it wide open on and expect to get through it clean. This is where timing the whoops can bring you big dividends. If two or three, etc whoops are close use the first one as a ramp. Jump over the set and land in the flat area before the next big set. Land, then launch your bike over the next set of whoops like a bunny: jump and repeat. Be sure to time the whoops correctly so that you can accelerate, jump, land, accelerate, jump, land, by creating a rhythm or timing through the section. This way you kinda hop through them instead of getting bounced all over the track. :applause:

• Like 1

i had the same question as u. When i first started riding i took them slow. So u dont have to go all out but the more u ride them the better u will become.