Sign in to follow this  

Broke off bleeder valve

Tonight I was putting those little bleeder valves back on my forks and broke one off in the fork :p :p I was really carefull but still managed to screw it up. Now there's just the lower end of the valves threads in the fork air-bleeder opening. There is a small "nipple" of metal left but how should I try to get the rest of the valve out :applause: :applause: :lol::cry:

Please help :cry::eek:

DG636

If it's entirely impossible to get a grip on it with some small pliers or the like, my next move would be with an extractor or if they are too large for the orifice hole, I'd try a small left-hand drill bit. I've had to use these a number of times on various things. They work well. Once they bite into the metal, they'll screw it right out.

I bought a pair of the push-style bleeders. I knew I was gonna end up losing one of those little screws...

You'll obviously have to pull the fork and change the oil, in case you got any metal shavings inside it...

BTW...not trying to pour salt in an open wound, but how in the hell did you do this???

Well, I threaded it in by hand till it stopped then put a quarter turn on it with a 10mm wrench, then "snap" it broke off :applause: :applause: :lol: I'll try the left-handed bit,

thanks

dg636

My firend had the same problem and managed to get a screw driver and un- screw it.He just got it to stick on a little sharp edge. Hopefully you could do that too. Good Luck!!!:applause:

Well, I threaded it in by hand till it stopped then put a quarter turn on it with a 10mm wrench, then "snap" it broke off :applause: :applause: :lol: I'll try the left-handed bit,

thanks

dg636

I did the same thing, I was very lucky and it wasnt tight at all so all I took was a small bit and backed it out. Now my issue is finding just that 1 small part with the threeds on it so that I can put it back on. The top part unscrewed from the bottom broken part very easiley, Now I dont wanna spen another 24 for a whole set when all I need is that bottom part. Seeing how we both may have 1 good one and one bad one do you wanna work out a deal one way or another so that 1 of us has a full set. If you know what I mean, PM if you wanna work something out, Who gets what or buys what , either way i like to see 1 of us have both good ones,