Sign in to follow this  

Hollister Sat 2-24-2007

Whos all gonna be there? Supposed to rain thurs with friday and saturday being clear. Conditions should be good :applause: . 9:00am at radio ridge.

There is a pretty good chance Ill roll in there on Sat. Im still not sure if Im going to a track with a buddy, or hollister with the girlfriend. Ill probably be there around 10am and park by the mx track. Im driving a little red nissan p/u with a ktm two-fiddy and the girlfriends one-fiddy in the back. Drop in and well go for a stroll:ride:

There is a pretty good chance Ill roll in there on Sat. Im still not sure if Im going to a track with a buddy, or hollister with the girlfriend. Ill probably be there around 10am and park by the mx track. Im driving a little red nissan p/u with a ktm two-fiddy and the girlfriends one-fiddy in the back. Drop in and well go for a stroll:ride:

Right on!

Since my cousin never laced up his new rims I'll be riding with with a bunch of qwads :applause: (part of the reason I posted this).

OK make that the day use area...apparently a group from SJ of about 100 riders is gonna be parking up at radio ridge.

If you guys want, I'll keep you posted on the rains on Hollister. Because I live in hollister.

I won't be there this weekend going to a track.

If you guys want, I'll keep you posted on the rains on Hollister. Because I live in hollister.

I won't be there this weekend going to a track.

Thats great man thanks. Hey did you get that new bike yet?

Thats great man thanks. Hey did you get that new bike yet?

It rained ALOT today. But I'll update how it is tomorrow. Even if it sunny tomorrow the lower trails(if you ride trails) will probably closed to anyways on Saturday. But the sandy trails should be perfect on Saturday. Again I haven't ridden trails for a hecka long time so I am not really sure.

If any of you are into MX, the new mx track is decent. There aren't really any great jumps on the track, but the layout is like 10000x times better. But they lied....:lol: They said there were going to prep the track 4 times a week, They didn't prep on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. So it looks like they will only prep on Fridays, like usual.:cry:

Nope, no new bike. Well, I am riding a 03 YZ250F for now(my bros..he is in college and left his bike home). Never have a 15 y/o work on a cylinder head they will mess it up.:applause: Naw... the only reason I messed up my valves were because I didn't have a proper spring compressor, and I had heard the way I did it worked. But apparently not...:applause:

Do you still ride a TTR230?

Well, its sunny right now. So it might be good tomorrow.

I'm probably going to go riding there today and I will report how it is.

Well....did you go? How wet was it? I dont wanna drive from modesto if its gonna be a mud bath:excuseme:

Well....did you go? How wet was it? I dont wanna drive from modesto if its gonna be a mud bath:excuseme:

Ya I just got back. I rode for a couple hours.

Well.... the MX track and vintage track was closed. The only reason was they prepped it and they wanted it to be good. So they should be good tomorrow.

The lower field was all closed. But SHOULD be open tomorrow with some sun.

The upper field(sandy trails) are open, I rode that one trail off to the right of the store going up that hill on the main road(I think the name starts with a "H") and it was decent. It was really that muddy because it wasn't muddy at all, it just the dirt was all that loose and tacky.

Then I rode Lake road and it was awesome, really tacky in some places. But yet, it was dry in some places. But no mud anywhere.

So it should be good tomorrow.

OK make that the day use area...apparently a group from SJ of about 100 riders is gonna be parking up at radio ridge.

I need to visit that forum more often - this post was my only clue that was the day they are going...

Iam going to open pratice at the upper ranch..Shuold be good n rutty..

aww...man... I didn't even hear or know about that.

How was it? Was the track prepped good? Did you get to ride alot? Did they add in any new jumps, like they sometimes do on straightways?

Man it was a good day :applause: The new MX track is MUCH better than the old layout. Everything was open and the dirt was nice and tacky... It was a rare day indeed :applause:

Man it was a good day :lol: The new MX track is MUCH better than the old layout. Everything was open and the dirt was nice and tacky... It was a rare day indeed :applause:

Good that had fun...:applause:

Was the MX track hardpacked anywhere?

Good that had fun...:applause:

Was the MX track hardpacked anywhere?

Coming out of the first turn on the very outside there was some hardpack/accerleration bumps but the rest was decent. The soil is very sandy and when wet is a blast!!! Not as consistant as the vintage track but with some work it will get better.

i heard it would rain so i pussed out and chose the 40min drive to carnegie instead of the 2.5hr drive to hollister...the track was full of mudholes:bonk:

Coming out of the first turn on the very outside there was some hardpack/accerleration bumps but the rest was decent. The soil is very sandy and when wet is a blast!!! Not as consistant as the vintage track but with some work it will get better.

cool.

Ya like the 3-4 times I went last week to Hollister Hills everything was hardpack besides that off-chamber turn in the very back on the right.

One thing I hope they do to the track though, is till the inside of the corners deeper. Because the track is kinda one lined, because there aren't any ruts on the inside. So you just have to carry your speed on the outside.

But with some ruts on the inside and some water, the track seems like it will be a good little practice track this only like 8 miles from me.

But even if is a little a hardpack, I will still ride because it is kinda fun even though the jumps are on the small side.