Sign in to follow this  

Which would be considered the "more serious" SSR?

Pretty sure I've decided to pick up an SSR...The problem is which one...

I'm 6'4" and about 210-220 and I'm looking for a "do all" type bike for under a $grand$. I originally set out to spend $500-$700, but the more I research, the more I seem to feel compelled to spend a little more to get a somewhat decent piece of machinery to begin with...I've narrowed the search down to these:

1) SSR88-Pro

2) SSR125-C4

3) SSR125-E

4) SSR110-A1 <--and use $200ish for mods...

Looking for some advice on which might be the best for me...I plan on chasing my buddies around the woods on their nearly stock KLX110's, occasionally hitting the mini-mx track, and also buying an extra set of wheels with motard tires to run on the local asphalt kart track.

Suggestions?!?

If you were set on a 125 motor, the C4 for sure.

The SSR 90 is pretty appealing also because you can race it in the super stock class. I've been thinking about the 90 myself. Decisions/Decisions:confused: ......

The 88cc bike has the strongest frame and pegmounts, so from that standpoint, it will likely hold up to the most adult abuse. Although the E and C4 have both been very reliable bikes also....

If you ever plan on racing it I would suggest the 88 so you can race it in the 88cc or superstock class. With the other bikes you may be at a little more of a disadvantage compared to the built hondas and KLX's.

You can't go wrong with any of those models...

No prob, I just shared the link. Thank tt member junkman!! I don't know why but, if I had the money for a new 450, I know exactly which one I'd get and I'd never second guess my decision. But, if I had say an extra $2500 to buy a pit bike right now,,,, I'd have no Idea what I'd get. Why is that? A pit bike don't cost crap compared to a big one and yet it seems like such a "Big Decision":bonk: Maybe its just me! I must be " Trippin"

Since your considering buying a second set of wheels and tires to motard, I would say get the 110-A1 and use the left over $200.00 for the new wheels/tires. I have the A1 and so do alot of other people on the board with minimal problems.

Thanks for the props "ridered" Here is a few more video links of me racing my SSR125 C-4 from Outlaw Powersports! BTW I am not a PRO rider! be kind.

Columbus,Ne

Beermine Mountain race

06 Arenacross

07 Arenacross