Sign in to follow this  

DRZ jumpin'

Just curious...whats the fartherst you have jumped your DRZ S? Me and my stock KLX SR have gone 33ft. About 5 times that is...the sixth time put me in the hospital. Probably a good thing I got hurt before I did some serious damage to the heavy beast. I dont think I will ever jump that far again until I can afford to buy a proper MX bike. Ofcourse by then I will probably be too old to jump that far lol.

i've gone far... off a loading dock, but totally on accident. :applause: and i'm on an SM

I've jumped appr. 40 feet but not too high jumps.

The bike is well balanced but the forks close all the way down and drz looks like a mobylette for a moment :applause:

11 feet I think, not sure I like the idea of leaving the ground too much with the old girl. When she comes down she comes down HARD.:applause:

I have jumped almost 50'........................of course thats if you add all my jumps together :applause:

I have jumped almost 50'........................of course thats if you add all my jumps together :applause:

LOL thats funny. Thats like my dad. There is a ORV trail in North Georgia that we go to, and on the main trail there is a little jump every 200 ft or so. To keep my sanity on that boring stuff I leave the ground on every one, but my dad tries to stay planted as much as possible. Everynow and then he will get the front wheel off the ground 6" and boy do I hear about when we stop. "Did you see me get some air a little while ago...!?!?!" Like a little kid. And I Just say "Yea that was pretty sweet" and let him think he did something killer:ride:

Depecherider, I definately did get alot of air. My handlebar would clip the end of a branch that we measured to be 14' high. So whats the bike 3 1/2" tall? I guess the wheels were about 10 1/2' feet off the ground. The takeoff and landing were quite steep. Nicely made though, just not for this type of bike. I would have to rock the bike forwards and lean over the front fender to keep from landing hard on the rear wheel.

I've definitely gone 3 or 4 ft. Maybe 5.

Bout the same here. lol :applause:

No really, I just have not found anything good to jump the ole SM off of around here.

There's a strip mine near home and it has jumps I just won't do....they are way too big.

But the smaller ones will launch you about 10 to 25 feet depending on how fast you hit them. One even has a small landing ramp. I stepped it to be about 25 feet. It took me a while to build up to do it and when I did, I overshot by about five feet.....landed ok .... then backed off some and landed great. That was about 30 feet.......it's no knack-knack or superman, but I just love catchin a little air. My landings have been soft and cushy.

I just keep going around and around in a figure 8 .... Jump....whoops, turn, jump, turn whoops. Two jumps, two sets of whoops and two turns.

After about ten minutes, I'm whipped.

I want some pics, but nobody is ever there to take them....I'll have to look into getting a camera up there.

I've sent my Sm through the air a good ways. I don't know the measurement but I know it is over 40'. There was this huge pile of dirt next to the Harley dealership here in Knoxville where they were clearing a lot to build a new shopping center. The just so happened to have it shaped perfectly like a table top. So I had to go over and jump it. It was probably about 35' or so accross the top. I jumped it 4 or 5 times before the Harley salesmen were out there watching. I tried to get them to get out one of their Ulysess but they didn't want any part of that. It was fun!:applause:

'Jumping' out of the way before the bike falls on you, is a very highly under-rated skill, in my opinion.

:applause: :applause:

Here's a pic of Eddie clearing a double in style back when he was a fearless dirt warrior!

633b0959.jpg

or the TT475 bike clearing "THE JUMP" at the now infamous bike shootout...

JetBoost.jpg

I've definitely gone 3 or 4 ft. Maybe 5.

Me too. If both wheels are off the ground at the same time I give myself a point...

p1010155e.jpg

my pond empties out in the summer and i used to fly down one edge and up the steep edge and go more UP than out and let me tell you 20 feet up hurts on the landing its full right now or id take a picture get back to you in summer :applause: