Can faded logos on seats be restored???

I just sharpened mine up with a sharpie. It's the second time I did it and it lasted for a good while. I was completely missing the H on one side and the A on the other. I did the whole letter with the marker and you wouldn't know the difference.

Yeah, the Sharpie is probably gonna be your best bet. To replicate the original exactly, you'd have to make a screen print board and that's just not realistic because of the expense and hassle.

Only other viable option I can think of would be a stencil and some Krylon Fusion paint for plastics and vinyl...

Thanks for the replies. I was planning to use a sharpie to start off with. I also have a Krylon or Testers brand paint pen. Its pretty cool for small touch up jobs. It does not have a pointed tip like the sharpie, but its real paint. I'll see how ink works first...

Websters def for the word HUE: "The dimension of color referred to a scale of perceptions ranging from red through yellow, green, and blue and circularly back to red. SHADE.":prof:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I was planning to use a sharpie to start off with. I also have a Krylon or Testers brand paint pen. Its pretty cool for small touch up jobs. It does not have a pointed tip like the sharpie, but its real paint. I'll see how ink works first...

Websters def for the word HUE: "The dimension of color referred to a scale of perceptions ranging from red through yellow, green, and blue and circularly back to red. SHADE.":prof:

Nice definition! :applause:

If your paint pen is just regular paint instead of the flexible "made for plastic" type, it will probably end up cracking really bad...I'd try it on a scrap piece of vinyl or something similar to test it first...

I used the sharpie last night. Looks good. Not sure how long it will last. I'll try the paint pin next. I bet it flakes off.

I wonder what kind of paint honda uses?

You might have better luck if you buy a can of that Krylon Fusion for plastics, but instead of spraying it on the seat cover, spray some into a jar or cup, then brush it on with a cotton swab or small foam-head paintbrush, etc.

I've used this method a few times when it just wasn't possible to direct-spray, and it's worked well every time.

Do you get confused about what brand you're riding? That is the only reason why you would need the letters on the seat. Just go ride your bike man, stop wondering how to color your seat.

Hell, maybe he's snowbound, bored out of his skull and can't take another episode of Springer. That's what this place is for. Ideas.

Do you get confused about what brand you're riding? That is the only reason why you would need the letters on the seat. Just go ride your bike man, stop wondering how to color your seat.

Sonobob is right. I've been staring at snow for two months. Thought I'd ask a simple question. I like to keep my stuff looking nice, especially if I have some time on my hands in the "off season". Go ride your snowmobile clone.

• Like 1