Sign in to follow this  

looking for a few small xr400 parts

anyone have any old xr4s they're parting out? i need the brake hose guides, both upper and lower, and the pinch clamp that bolts to the fork to keep the brake hose in place. my bike's missing all of them and the whole assembly is about 10 different parts so i assume will be pretty expensive from a dealer.

let me know, thanks.

isaac

sbabs is or is going to be parting out a xr400. I might have what you are looking for too. If I’m thinking of the correct part(s) the SRC fork brace kit replace it or them. I'll check the barn tonight.

I use www.servicehonda.com. Ask for Pooh. When they say he's busy just say he owes me a favor. They'll offer you minimum shipping charge (on small parts they can put in a Tyvex envelope).

This is a secret and don't anybody elkse use it or it will probably end. :applause:

i think i'm confused about what i really need. can anyone post pics of every place their front brake line is attached to the triple clamp and fork? i know there's one at both clamps, but is there one near the caliper too, or does it just wrap around the fork without anything holding it there?

i'm going to install a new goodridge stainless brake line and i'd rather not rip it off :applause:

thanks guys!

First off, servicehonda doesn't deliver to Canada for some reason. So they aren't an option for us guys up here.

Second, by stainless steel you mean a flex hose with stainless steel wire in it right? Because of the shock action, a steel line would break after a little while of riding from being forced to bend a lot.

As far as clamps go. There is about a 1" diameter "holder" for the break line attached at the top and bottom of the triple clamp. So when the forks compress, the line just travels through them freely, but isn't bouncing around everywhere.

Right after the fork accordion boot on the disc side is a solid clamp that prevents any movement, and from there it runs to the caliper.

If I find a picture in my garage, i'll post it.

Here we go, I indicated what I said in blue.

aid1.jpg

First off, servicehonda doesn't deliver to Canada for some reason. So they aren't an option for us guys up here.

Second, by stainless steel you mean a flex hose with stainless steel wire in it right? Because of the shock action, a steel line would break after a little while of riding from being forced to bend a lot.

As far as clamps go. There is about a 1" diameter "holder" for the break line attached at the top and bottom of the triple clamp. So when the forks compress, the line just travels through them freely, but isn't bouncing around everywhere.

Right after the fork accordion boot on the disc side is a solid clamp that prevents any movement, and from there it runs to the caliper.

If I find a picture in my garage, i'll post it.

Here we go, I indicated what I said in blue.

aid1.jpg

i meant a steel braided line, i should have clarified. obviously a solid steel line would be no good :applause:

ok, then if anyone's parting i'll need both triple clamp guides and the clamp by the caliper. bikebandit lists them at about $5-7/piece, so it's no biggie if i have to buy it new.

Yep, you can even ask for USPS to avoid being raped by FedEx or UPS.

I though their customer service was great. They give you a little box to put your bike in and any comments. Just put "Ship via USPS please." there. They also check to make sure the part you are ordering is from the bike you put down.

I was expecting a slow website that didn't really care, like other dirtbike websites, but they were great.

I know I have the lower clamp somewhere in my barn but will need to find it. When I do its yours, but if you’re in a hurry you might just want to buy one. Send me a PM with your address and I will see what shipping would cost.