• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

Will do.

Doug,

I may get there early too just depends on what/where I am in Daytona that day.

Don:thumbsup:

btw, I'll be sportin' my Billy Levanawich(sp?) "some sports require a ball and some require 2" MX T-shirt

I'll be there too, and I'll be down on the asphault as well. Last year was the first time I showed up early for qualifying and was rewarded with the proud distinction of being one of the only people in the world (so far) to have seen a rider backflip during an AMA Pro event! (the JMI isn't AMA!) Too bad Travis won't be there again this year.

I'll be riding out there bike-week style.

I'll also be at Orlando the next weekend. I friggin love BIKE WEEK!!

Our crew is headed down from IL to FL next week and will be at the Daytona SX. Last year my hubby wrenched for our buddy Bryan White #296, and he was in the same day qualifier when Pastrana did the backflip. Nuts!! We couldn't believe our eyes! Hoping to see RC take another victory this year! :applause:

im there....i got the general admission with the track side upgrade like u suggested. hope its good never been to the daytona sx yet!!!

Yeh i got the trackside upgrade as well. I have never been to daytona though. I wonder if the view is better at trackside or in the stands? I guess the beauty of it is that you have a choice! Can't wait.

Daytona rocks. The only downside i can think of is that the track is laid out so that it is strecthed out really loooong and so there is really no place to sit where you can see the entire track very easily, but they have huge screens where you can see whats going on the far end of the racetrack. My suggestion is to get a spot on the asphault in front of the whoops, which are usually pretty centrally located and last year they were super nasty.. lots of carnage through there.. and 80% of the passes took place in them too.

There is really no other venue where you get the feeling of being able to just wander down to the track and pits so easily. It's a really wide and open kinda place.. on the other hand, there is no other venue where you will rack up even close to the mileage (walking) as you will at daytona when you make trips from your seat to the pits or down to the track or back to your car. I probably walked close to 10 miles last year from the time I got there to the time I got back to the bike to ride home.

Daytona is alot like going to a National. I look at it as a full day event, get there early and give yourself plenty of time to just see everything and relax in the sun and spend $900 on hot dogs and beer. (that's approximately 3 hot dogs and 5 beers.. and a pretzel)

If you park on the infield, inside the speedway, expect to wait nearly forever to make it back out afterwards... even if you're on a bike.. because everyone else is too! It's worth it though because even sitting in traffic on a motorcycle after a supercross race is alot of fun if you don't mind chatting up the other guys on their bikes all around you.

Wow, with all you newb clowns attending I should be able to meet some of you.

Carl,

thanks for the spelling lesson!!!!

Only problem with Pastrana was that he didn't pull it off totally.

I'll be there from when qualifying begins till the end (3pm till ~11pm) and I'll be plopped on the asphalt watching it.

Who else is attending?

I can't get down there this year and its going to kill me to have to watch it on TV, you guys SUCK!:applause: SUCK! :applause: and SUCK! some more!? have some fun for me, Go RC!!

Chev,

Go pound snow!!!!!!

Dave,

I'll call you when I get there

For the rest of you clowns, I told you what shirt I'll have on and I'll be on the track, no where else (well maybe the toilet every now and then)

Thanks for the info FLMX.

Hey where did you guys bought the tickets?

Ticketmaster only sells orlando.

Wich one do you think it`s better? I can only go to one too.

Do I still find good seats? Any tips?

How do I get the pit pass?

Thanks, I never been there before. Any help would be great.

yfz150 (geez, is that a bike? a 150??),

Go to Racetickets.com (CALL THEM DON"T DO IT ON-LINE) ask for General Admission with Trackside upgrade (total cost is ~52/ticket). This will allow you to be on the asphalt track or go up into the Gen. Adm stands.