Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sporting a 250 XC-F, what do you think?

HI folks,

I’m looking for the most capable dual sport available in a 250 cc 4-st. Currently it looks like the Husqvarna TE250 fits the bill but since I also want a ride my wife can use its very high with a seat height of 38-in.

We have considered the Kawasaki KLX250 buts its more street oriented and heavy at 265 lbs + dry.

Has anyone here ever dual sported a KTM 250 XC-F or XC-F-W?

As a current KTM owner I’d prefer prefer tostay KTM but are there any downfalls to DS’ing one of these?

Thanks !

With it's high 6th gear the xcf-w can cruise street speeds with ease. I got a plate for mine when I bought it thanks to my buddy who owns the KTM dealer, but I haven't got the lights and stuff yet. I don't think I'd want to rack up alot of miles on the street on my xcf-w, or on any 250f for that matter but for occasional dual sporting I think it will do very well. Being only 5'7" I appreciate the lower seat height of the KTM like you mentioned too.

HI folks,

I’m looking for the most capable dual sport available in a 250 cc 4-st. Currently it looks like the Husqvarna TE250 fits the bill but since I also want a ride my wife can use its very high with a seat height of 38-in.

We have considered the Kawasaki KLX250 buts its more street oriented and heavy at 265 lbs + dry.

Has anyone here ever dual sported a KTM 250 XC-F or XC-F-W?

As a current KTM owner I’d prefer prefer tostay KTM but are there any downfalls to DS’ing one of these?

Thanks !

I dont see the reason why this would not work perfectly... it's really light. I have a 250 excf... the 2007 model. IMHO,the xc-fw may even be better since, from what i've been reading, the xc-fw has i lighter flywheel than the exc version. If this is true, it can get through revs faster than the exc...with a flywheel slightly heavier than the sx-f, it can be an awesome trail/ds bike.

I'm working on getting mine ready for the alligator enduro. I will be putting the light kit on this week. I am coming off of a 450x street legal in NY. I'm going to give the 250 a shot. So far this little bike rips. I know I will have to put spark arrester/silencer on it. I think this will be an awesome enduro bike & dual sport bike. Does anybody recommnend a slip on for the 250f?? Mine is not street legal in NY (yet) I will be working on that one!