Sign in to follow this  

fcr39mx slow air (100 Air Jet) pilot removal pics

remove the carb from the bike

attachment.php?attachmentid=2564&stc=1&d=1172159134

remove the bell from the carb

attachment.php?attachmentid=2565&stc=1&d=1172159134

remove the Pilot air jet from the carb

attachment.php?attachmentid=2566&stc=1&d=1172159134

clean the carb, reinstall the bell, put the carb back and enjoy a steady idle.

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6153.JPG

IMG_6156.JPG

• Like 2

nice writeup and very good images thanks

should everyone remove the PAJ or is it only for certain applications ?

no,only the aftermarket versions.

What is the difference. And would there be a jetting difference between the two??

Thank you for those great pics:thumbsup: I plan on doing the FCR upgrade in the near future and had read about the jet removal but was unsure of where that was.

Thanks Eddie that is one less stupid question I will have to ask in the next few weeks when I do my Conversion.

Eddie,

I did not remove mine, and it started on the first crank, and runs like a top. I'd be hard pressed to improve on what it is doing. Am I an exception somehow? I do have the new FCR-MX 39 from TT. (Did you perhaps remove it before shipping?) I got it with the bell not installed, but I do not recall for sure if the jet was still in there.

The choke is sometimes impotent, hewever a shot of accelerator pump or two to prime the intake, and she fires and idles no problem.

Eddie,

I did not remove mine, and it started on the first crank, and runs like a top. I'd be hard pressed to improve on what it is doing. Am I an exception somehow? I do have the new FCR-MX 39 from TT. (Did you perhaps remove it before shipping?) I got it with the bell not installed, but I do not recall for sure if the jet was still in there.

The choke is sometimes impotent, hewever a shot of accelerator pump or two to prime the intake, and she fires and idles no problem.

The lack of choking needed makes me think your bike is running very rich at idle. What pilot do you have in it and what is the smallest pilot you can use before the fuel screw has no effect and the idles begins to 'hang'?

Eddie,

i do not work for TT.your carb has never been near me.

it still has the paj installed.

the fact you dont need the choke is the sign that its to rich.