Sign in to follow this  

OMA this weekend?

I know a few of you have said you were going there on Saturday, I was just seeing if anyone would be there on Friday. That's when I will be going, I'll be there around 1 or 2.

I know a few of you have said you were going there on Saturday, I was just seeing if anyone would be there on Friday. That's when I will be going, I'll be there around 1 or 2.

Looks like we are going Sunday now. That would be perfect for you. :applause: A Friday and Sunday ride this week! Since you watch the little one every other weekend so the wife can work, you deserve to ride twice in one week every now and then. :lol:

Come back up with us Sunday! :applause: I'd be willing to call the mrs. and ask for you? :cry:

Make sure and post a ride report on the new track layout ASAP.

I didnt' see this post until now Honda163.:applause: But LOL, I'll have you call the Mrs. next time.:applause:

What did you think of the new layout?

I've got to say, I don't think my friend and I will be going back until they tame that place down. We hit everything there pretty quick, but if you make one mistake in the double,double/tripple section you could really mess yourself up. Not to mention we've got a couple other friends who like to ride MX with us, but there isn't hardly anything they can even jump there. Not to mention the little bit of whoops are crap. I said the heck with it and rolled them.

One guy went away in an ambluance why we were there. The wreck didn't look too bad and everyone(only about 7 people were there, including the owner) thought he would get up. By the time I got out there to check on him I noticed he was knocked out. Luckily once he came to he knew who he was and everything, but kept asking what happened over and over, which leads me to believe he just got a concussion. Hopefully he is OK.

IMO, it's a great facility and all, but the track layout just needs to be more rider friendly, especially when it is the most expensive track to ride around here.

First of all, let me note there was a good turnout Sunday. I think largely due to the warm weather as there were a lot of new faces. The new layout is very technical. It also doesn't flow real good IMO. The new rhythm section was fun, but I didn't start getting it clean until my third ride. It was hard riding the C class session. Real slow and not many people jumping anything. I had to bump up to the A-B class. The change to the launch of the middle triple is insane (raised it 2 feet and made it steeper). Even though the double part is a short distance, it launches you so high with very little landing/room for error. I under jumped it and over jumped it and it hurt like heck. The new whoops are just stupid. They got so slick it was hard to hold the inside thru them. It's not that the track is real hard, it just isn't forgiving at all. I thought the track was pretty fun and challenging but I couldn't ride as hard or as long as I wanted to. Due to the fact I don't want to get wadded up. I just didn't feel comfortable in either class really. IMO most C, 85's, and mini riders will not like the new layout. Too bad, because that was over half his turnout Sunday. Make the middle triple safe and move the berm after the catapult back and I would really like the new layout. While the new massive triples are cool... only 3 riders the whole day were doing them.

I'll go back but not as often.

Can't be as bad as the motoplex can it?

My first and only experience with the motoplex was over a year ago and not very good. Due to the action/comments of the person running the place, I will not go back there. Ever!

First of all, let me note there was a good turnout Sunday. I think largely due to the warm weather as there were a lot of new faces. The new layout is very technical. It also doesn't flow real good IMO. The new rhythm section was fun, but I didn't start getting it clean until my third ride. It was hard riding the C class session. Real slow and not many people jumping anything. I had to bump up to the A-B class. The change to the launch of the middle triple is insane (raised it 2 feet and made it steeper). Even though the double part is a short distance, it launches you so high with very little landing/room for error. I under jumped it and over jumped it and it hurt like heck. The new whoops are just stupid. They got so slick it was hard to hold the inside thru them. It's not that the track is real hard, it just isn't forgiving at all. I thought the track was pretty fun and challenging but I couldn't ride as hard or as long as I wanted to. Due to the fact I don't want to get wadded up. I just didn't feel comfortable in either class really. IMO most C, 85's, and mini riders will not like the new layout. Too bad, because that was over half his turnout Sunday. Make the middle triple safe and move the berm after the catapult back and I would really like the new layout. While the new massive triples are cool... only 3 riders the whole day were doing them.

I'll go back but not as often.

I think you said it well when you said "it doesn't flow real good". I was feeling good when I was there, but a big momentum killer was that awkward tripple in the middle, everyone complained about that. I started to just go ahead and hit the tripple, but then I realized I didn't have to prove how big my cack is and doubled it.:applause:

Did you wind up hitting the catapult? Really that is the only thing I liked about the track. If they would "tweak" everything else I'd be happy, but it's going to be hard for me to come back for a while because my friend's won't come back untilt they change it up. And I never ride solo.

Also, did you hear anything about the prices being raised? I caught wind of that when I was up there.:applause:

Can't be as bad as the motoplex can it?

I've heard a lot of bad things about motoplex, so I doubt it is nearly as bad as that place.

OMA has a LOT of Potential with location and the building itself being super nice, it's just the track layout needs some work. But, giving OMA the benefit of the doubt, it is a new track, so over time they will hopefully hit on a great balance of a track.

I didnt' see this post until now Honda163.:applause: But LOL, I'll have you call the Mrs. next time.:applause:

What did you think of the new layout?

I've got to say, I don't think my friend and I will be going back until they tame that place down. We hit everything there pretty quick, but if you make one mistake in the double,double/tripple section you could really mess yourself up. Not to mention we've got a couple other friends who like to ride MX with us, but there isn't hardly anything they can even jump there. Not to mention the little bit of whoops are crap. I said the heck with it and rolled them.

One guy went away in an ambluance why we were there. The wreck didn't look too bad and everyone(only about 7 people were there, including the owner) thought he would get up. By the time I got out there to check on him I noticed he was knocked out. Luckily once he came to he knew who he was and everything, but kept asking what happened over and over, which leads me to believe he just got a concussion. Hopefully he is OK.

IMO, it's a great facility and all, but the track layout just needs to be more rider friendly, especially when it is the most expensive track to ride around here.

I have gone once and it was not good for me.......I don't see why the risk has to be so high?

It is possible to build a track that will attract the majority (B/C riders) and also be good for the minority (A/Pro riders).

It would only make good buisness sence to make it easier and bring in as many people that you can rather than what they are doing now.

I will not go back, in fact I am going to Earlywine tomorrow to ride. There are plenty of fast people at Earlywine and the track is very safe for the B/C riders:thumbsup:

OMA has a LOT of Potential with location and the building itself being super nice, it's just the track layout needs some work. But, giving OMA the benefit of the doubt, it is a new track, so over time they will hopefully hit on a great balance of a track.

Well said!

I still haven't down sided it. I keep bouncing off the end and then it spooks me for another session. That jump is well within my ability, I don't know why I'm letting it get the best of me. :applause:

I can understand if your buddy doesn't want to go back with the current layout. I like the challange, but not the risk. You can make a track both. Your more than welcome to go with us anytime he can't make it!

Jason threw up a "what if" poll on stricklymx.com about raising the price to $35.00 (which is what his investors wanted in the beginning). The response was less than favorable as you can imagine. They have a big investment in that place. I think tweaking the track to attract/retain more riders is the key. He also closes at 8pm tru the week. I'd think one evening (maybe Weds, or Thurs) open til 10pm would attract some riders. By the time you get off work at 5pm or 6pm, it isn't possible to go thru the week.

Well said!

I still haven't down sided it. I keep bouncing off the end and then it spooks me for another session. That jump is well within my ability, I don't know why I'm letting it get the best of me. :applause:

I can understand if your buddy doesn't want to go back with the current layout. I like the challange, but not the risk. You can make a track both. Your more than welcome to go with us anytime he can't make it!

Jason threw up a "what if" poll on stricklymx.com about raising the price to $35.00 (which is what his investors wanted in the beginning). The response was less than favorable as you can imagine. They have a big investment in that place. I think tweaking the track to attract/retain more riders is the key. He also closes at 8pm tru the week. I'd think one evening (maybe Weds, or Thurs) open til 10pm would attract some riders. By the time you get off work at 5pm or 6pm, it isn't possible to go thru the week.

Yeah if you come up a little short from downsiding it, it will bukc ya pretty hard. Well, you seen what it did to my chain from bottoming out!:cry: Speaking of, I need to order a new one..

Yeah I appreciatie it, I might just do that if none of my friends will go. I need someone there that can call my wife incase I bang myself up.:applause::lol:

I think you're right about the times during the week. Even if I took a short lunch and left early after work, by the time I go up there I wouldn't have much time to ride if they close at 8:00.