Sign in to follow this  

Snow In The Foothills!

:applause: Snowing like crazy here at the house (2600' elevation east of Placerville), already a couple of inches on the ground and it doesn't look like it will stop soon. If this keeps up it looks like everything up here in the hills and above will be shut down this weekend. :applause:

:applause: Snowing like crazy here at the house (2600' elevation east of Placerville), already a couple of inches on the ground and it doesn't look like it will stop soon. If this keeps up it looks like everything up here in the hills and above will be shut down this weekend. :applause:

Not NoCal but yesterday they was snow in Rowher flats,SoCal....

I wonder what they're getting down at Clear Creek. :applause:

The forecast down there calls for rain today, showers tomorrow morning, then clearing out for the weekend. Sunday's Quicksilver could be great if that forecast is right (but I'm not betting on it). :applause:

Just heard that its dumping hard in downtown GT....Expect a closure any minute

Just heard that its dumping hard in downtown GT....Expect a closure any minute

S#!t, Well, let's hope for a break and maybe get a ride in Sunday or Monday. :applause:

Looks like rain will pretty much sock in the Sac area for the next week according to Weather.com...

We can't complain too much, though, it took until almost March before we got a solid rain...

...and wasn't it last year that it rained every day in March. Ready for that again?

Put on the wet riding gear and ride. I do, I've did 3 snow and 1 rain ride this season.:applause:

:applause: About 14-15 inches up here when you check out in the open areas.Elkins will be buried for a while,I'm sure some lunkhead will post up in the next few days wanting to know conditions,:lol: I'm gonna tell 'em its sunny and warm with perfect potting soil conditions!:cry::applause: More coming Saturday,I've got plenty to do so kind of nice not having to watch everyone head out to ride while I get stuck working.I'm gonna try snowshoeing this weekend,gotta get some huff and puff exercise in and the snow limits the mountain biking.Got diagnosed with diabetes this week:banghead: and I want to beat it back with exercise as much as possible.

We got about 3 inches in Tehachapi over night. We're riding tomorrow though, like the mailman- rain, sleat, hail, snow. :applause:

We're riding Penny Pines (between Cow Mountain and Stonyford). They are open and report very little snow. Should be perfect.