Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Just curious?

But did anyone find it awkward when they compared the stats of Bubba and Tiger Woods a few races ago? For one, there is NO friggin comparison between the two sports, and two, it's like "Okay, lets point out that Bubba is black incase someone didn't notice".

Just curious if anyone else thought it was a Bogus thing to do.:applause:

yeah I thought about that when I saw it - I thought ok lets see why are they actually comparing these two guys?

The most obvious reason is that they are relatively the only black guys able to excel in a mostly white sport....Pretty gay....

But did anyone find it awkward when they compared the stats of Bubba and Tiger Woods a few races ago? For one, there is NO friggin comparison between the two sports, and two, it's like "Okay, lets point out that Bubba is black incase someone didn't notice".

Just curious if anyone else thought it was a Bogus thing to do.:applause:

yeah i did too...I play alot of golf and I was thinking, &%$#@!????? they were really reaching with that one...

I was a little irked by that myself. After all, there really is no point unless it all just about color. If they really wanted to put an interesting comparison it should have been to RC, Jeremy, or other past champions at the same age.

i definitely felt exactly like you guys did. i'm sitting there thinking to myself, how in god's green earth can you ever ever EVER compare a golfer to a motocross racer? i don't care what the angle is, there is no comparing the two... OH.. i mean unless they are two black guys in otherwise white sports... but please don't bring up race when you make the comparison! that would be too obvious!... so rediculous - it was just a way for them to say, "hey look everybody! the black guy is doing good! isn't that wierd?" - and of course everybody loves tiger woods so it's PC to compare a black guy to tiger because it's somehow a compliment to any black athlete to be compared to him, even when the only similarity is their skincolor. whata crock of bullshit.

why not just change his nickname from bubba to the N word? than they can degrade and disparage him constantly while they call the races.

not only does the broadcast crew completely suck, but apparently they are friggin nazis too.

I feel bad for Stewart, cause IMO in SX he is looked at as a rider, he may stand out becasue he is damn good, but because of stunts like the comparison thing, it makes him stand out because he is black.:applause:

I hope SPEED or whoever is in control of the televising see's these forums. Well they must not, since Ralph Shaheen still has a job in SX.:applause:

Funny you started this thread - i thought i was the only one who thought it was wierd and just completely irrelevant. Now i know it really was wierd and completely irrelevant. Absolutely silly.

I was thinking -so whats thier point?Golf and MX are very similar:banghead: The only connection is lots of MXers would like to ride on a golf course:busted: