Sign in to follow this  

Weekend Warrior Theft***WARNING***

To all weekend warrior owners or other toy hauler trailer owners. Take a close look at your trailer for ways thiefs can get in. Monday night I had my trailer in the street because I had some construction being done in the back yard. All locks in place and parked under a street light. They crawled through the laundry hamper opening, :applause: 20 inches X 11 1/2 inches.

They unlocked the side entry door from inside and stole my gear bag, my wifes '02 TTR225 and my daughter's 2000 YZ250. I put a cooler between the hamper and the shower for now, but working on a 12 guage trip trigger set up for later:crazy: P2210081.jpg

P2210086.jpg

Also, insurance for the trailer says property not covered, motor vehicles. Check your stuff and get the insurance coverage needed.

any good deals on a good YZ250, Daughter is heart broken.

• Like 1

thats sh*tty man, i hate theives. Where in CA are you? Do you have any pics of the bikes, ill keep my eye out. Sorry to hear about your loss.

i second that, that is shitty and where did this take place? post any pics of the bikes or any other id info so we can be on the lookout.

What a shame. The compartment locks suck on RV's. Theres really no way to keep anyone out that really wants to get in. Keep an eye on the local recycler or cycle trader. Any one out there riding, look for something someone tried to re-paint or put goofy plastic on and is offering a too good to be true deal.

Sounds like someone knows there WW layouts, that a laundry chute is located in specific access door.

Hate to be devil's advocate...could it be someone that knows you casually? I bring this up as we were robbed when I was in High School. Perps (later caught) knew that my sister and I entered the house through our unlocked garage to get in the house. Turns out to be some local neighbor kids that knew this and did an extended lunch break....at our house.

mx813

I will see what I have for pics and post them. I live in the woodcrest area of Riverside, So. Cal. Thanks for your input, I do have feelers out but I need a bike for her so we can finish the season on a high note.

P1040059copy.jpg

It is a 2000 YZ250, the front number plate has a #7 on it with the outline of a spade on it. The FOX logo is added on her graphics on the radiator scoop and the decal on the fender is "Hot Tuna" surf wear products, The rear of the seat has wear holes on each corner. The pipe is now dentless, I had just put it back on from getting it from Pacific Crest. Thanks for looking.

Woodcrest! I thought that area was clean, my wife and I were looking at houses in that area. I live in Riverside as well and parking my trailer on street in front of the house loaded sometimes worries me, it really doesnt take much for someone to break into these things.

Another thing to think about, did they break into your compartment or was your storage not locked?? My buddies trailer also got broken into and they took everything in the storage area. It sucks to even think that everyone in the world has the same key for the compartments on these things.

Anyways, I hope your also messing around about the 12 gauge thing! In good ol Cali if you rig a contaption of such and someone gets smoked or gets hurt, you'll be responsible for it! Just like the Hollywood Shootout. Its stupid to think that thieves have rights as well!

WOW! I'm right down the road from you in Perris. I too have a WW, and just the other day my son was telling me how he could turn the bottom lock on the door of the trailer with his finger nail! I've got a few bikes for sale, but if she's a track rider they might not be ideal. An '06 CRF230, fun bike but probably not enough for someone coming off a 250 2stroke. An '04 WR450 that might be too much. Maybe an '05 KLX110? Its completely stock so she could modify what she wants and smoke all the guys on the mini tracks! My parents used to live right there off of Orangecrest and we still have friends that live there. I know that a lot of people in that area are into riding and have trailers. I think it's a good bet that its somebody that knows that you had your bikes and gear in there. That really SUCKS!

Most of all RVs use the same keyed locks for the compartment doors, so anyone with the CH751 key can open your doors.

Most of all RVs use the same keyed locks for the compartment doors, so anyone with the CH751 key can open your doors.

wow.... i work for a topper / truck shop and we use CH751 on alot of our toppers.. Not very smart!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefuly everything will work out for you and your family.

She is 14 and been riding since she was 8, her birthday present back then was a XR100. She can ride the stink out of that 250. It is great, the wife takes off for the weekend with her friends to vegas.....Lets go load up the trailer we are going riding for the weekend.

The lower compartment was not locked, There is no lock.but from know on I will devise my own bar locks for the doors, independent powered alarm, they cut the battery cables and bikes cabled down inside the trailer.

This is a great area that I live in but too neer to us is a crap area called mead valley, only napalm could clean out the area to my liking and yes the 12 guage was a joke-had to vent.

Not that I am anymore, coming from an ex-theive, but these things are really never safe. After I got out of trouble, and got back into riding, I had a local audio shop rig up an car alarm to mine, with shock sensors. If a thieve knows you have an alarm, their usually going to pass on by. These things are so easy to get into, in numerous ways. Ill keep an eye out for your bikes. Good luck and sorry to hear that happen to you.

I had three bike stolen out of my TH a few years back. 1. Never leave your bikes inside. 2. Get a cable lock and tie it through the bikes, deterring these tweakers is key. 3. If someone wants in, they will get in. 4. Post a $1000 reward, and fax it to every bike shop you can find. I spent a few hours on the phone and faxed every shop I could find inside a three hour radius.

I received all three bikes back, paid $200 in rewards, and got some restitution.

Bottom line, I was the loser!

That is so screwed I have 5 bikes if anny bike was stolen I would be pissed and sad. I have a weekend warrior fsw3200 and now iam going to locking it down. Sorry for what happend hop you get your bikes back iam 14 to and i would be pissed if my honda crf 250 got stolen to.:applause:

Been there done that. Had my Yama ripped off 4 months ago - lucky thing was, my wife bought specific dirtbike insurance...best money spent - I still took a hit, but not for the whole thing...man, I feel for your daugher. :applause: