Sign in to follow this  

TC 250 vs. YZ 250

Ok well next year I need to move up from my yz 125. I really like the yamaha, they are reliable, powerful, and light. I also like the huskies. I owned a 99 wr 250 and loved it and a couple of my friends own huskies and I love riding them. Im wondering what are the pros and cons of the tc 250 (2007-2008)? How does it differ from the yz 250 (besides being a 4 stroke). I race hare scrambles and jr. enduros so it would have to suit that. I will be in B200 class soon to just let you know my skill level. I have never owned a 4 stroke mx bike in my life so I really dont know much. Thanks in advance,

Joey T.

Ok well next year I need to move up from my yz 125. I really like the yamaha, they are reliable, powerful, and light. I also like the huskies. I owned a 99 wr 250 and loved it and a couple of my friends own huskies and I love riding them. Im wondering what are the pros and cons of the tc 250 (2007-2008)? How does it differ from the yz 250 (besides being a 4 stroke). I race hare scrambles and jr. enduros so it would have to suit that. I will be in B200 class soon to just let you know my skill level. I have never owned a 4 stroke mx bike in my life so I really dont know much. Thanks in advance,

Joey T.

i have a TE450 a YZ250 and am obtaining a TC250 with a 300 kit. The YZ is a great, do nothing wrong bike. The TC250 turns better and is a very nice bike as well. I would guess a TC250 and YZ 250 would turn similar lap times with the TC possibly being a little better off road because of the way it tracks and accelerates without getting out of shape. One thing you will have to learn is compression braking. This messes with a lot of people coming from two strokes. You come into the corners a lot hotter on a 4 stroke because once you chop the throttle it's like hucking an anchor off the back. Both good bikes and a tough decision.

Yes it is a very tough descision for me. I think I will most likely be going with a yamaha just because that is what my sponsor sells. I do want to own a husky again one day though.

i have a TE450 a YZ250 .

I too have a te450 and yz250. Don't have enough miles on the yz to give an opinion. PM me in a month and maybe I'll have a better opinion then. Obviously, you'll spend more maintaining or rebuilding the 4 stroke. I would think it would be best to stay on the smoker as long as you can so you build up/strengthen your skills throwing it around like it's a mountain bike.

I really like the suspension on my Husky and wanted to get a husky wr250 but couldn't find one. I'm picky about a used bike and didn't think the right Husky 2stroke would come along very quickly.