Dunlop 952 120/90/18 Update.

so a while back we were discussing all about tires and I found I was really happy with the hook up on my 952. I was complaining about needing to get 1000 miles out of a tire and I was hoping this would be the answer but it is not. I am just now at 500 miles on the tire and it has worn quite a bit(not as bad as a 756) it is starting to chunk and loose almost all the knobs on the outer edges. I am going to put my last 500 miles on it between manday and tuesday then I am going to a 739AT rear and hopefully this will be the answer. My front 952 has almost 2000 miles on it but definently needs to be replaced which will happen after next weeks ride from cal city to primm. so this is my thought on this tire let me tell you the hook up is awesome but wear is not great!!

• Like 1

so a while back we were discussing all about tires and I found I was really happy with the hook up on my 952. I was complaining about needing to get 1000 miles out of a tire and I was hoping this would be the answer but it is not. I am just now at 500 miles on the tire and it has worn quite a bit(not as bad as a 756) it is starting to chunk and loose almost all the knobs on the outer edges. I am going to put my last 500 miles on it between manday and tuesday then I am going to a 739AT rear and hopefully this will be the answer. My front 952 has almost 2000 miles on it but definently needs to be replaced which will happen after next weeks ride from cal city to primm. so this is my thought on this tire let me tell you the hook up is awesome but wear is not great!!

1000 miles out of a rear?!?! Holy crap that's a long way before it's useless....

My 739AT's last just about 300 race miles, or I can squeak out 500 eaaaaasy miles if I'm careful. But I like to change my tires when they're about 75% worn... as the last bit of tread is getting down to tire carcass rubber and worthless. So maybe others can get more out of them.

Oh... (and to keep this thread in 450X forum)... these spec's I'm quoting are on my 450X. :applause: Your's too right Tattoo?!

1000 miles out of a rear?!?! Holy crap that's a long way before it's useless....

My 739AT's last just about 300 race miles, or I can squeak out 500 eaaaaasy miles if I'm careful. But I like to change my tires when they're about 75% worn... as the last bit of tread is getting down to tire carcass rubber and worthless. So maybe others can get more out of them.

Oh... (and to keep this thread in 450X forum)... these spec's I'm quoting are on my 450X. :applause: Your's too right Tattoo?!

Like I said before I run them way down below 75% I hold on to them till they are at like 30% then I get rid of them. And yes these specs are for my 450x.

On a side note if I changed my tires at 75% iI would be buying tires every 2 weeks I do not have enough money to do that unless I put on Cheng shin's :applause:

I've been running the 952 at the track and a little desert for the last month and I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't have all of the traction of the 956, but it's pretty close, still predictable and seems to be holding up very well. I'll be sticking with the 756 on the front and the 952 on the rear for now. With the 756 I was changing one front for every two rears. I'm thinking the 952 will double the mileage over the 756 and I'll be able to change both at the same time.

Tatt a very good rear for wear is the IRC Vulcanduro VE33 lasts forever i got about 3000k's(1800 miles) out of my last one on an xr650 with quite a few 100mph runs on bitumen on it.

Give it a go and it's cheaper than anything on the market.

I'm stuck on the 120/100-18 739AT. I've tried a bunch and this is the best all around performance/wear tire IMHO. Front tires have been a struggle since giving up the trusty MT18HD but so far I'm liking the 90/100-21 742F.

sponsorship or not, no way am I giving up my Pirelli MT-18!

you cant pay me to use an inferior product.

I'm stuck on the 120/100-18 739AT. I've tried a bunch and this is the best all around performance/wear tire IMHO. Front tires have been a struggle since giving up the trusty MT18HD but so far I'm liking the 90/100-21 742F.

have you tried the 756F RR yet?? It's working for me thus far. :applause:

on my 250x the 952 wore faster than a 756. I think i'll stick with the 756. i like the maxxis IT, but the center knobbies on the tire wear way faster than the outside ones, I wish they would fix that. Once that happens, its like riding on ice

the maxxis would be the bomb if they could increase they density of the center knobs. (maxxis, i hope you listening). I still got maxxis tires with plenty of tread on them, but unfortunately the tread wear is uneven and the tire nolonger tracks.

I tried the 756RR and it pinch flatted last race. Rode a whole loop on a flat tire....LOL....I thought I was just tired. (That's with the Bridgestone UHD tube at 14 psi.) I like the performance of the 756RR but would only try one again with tire balls. I switched to a 90/100-21 742F and I like it so far. Very stiff carcass and more circumference. I think it will hold up better.

I tried the 756RR and it pinch flatted last race. Rode a whole loop on a flat tire....LOL....I thought I was just tired. (That's with the Bridgestone UHD tube at 14 psi.)

Quit aiming fer dem rocks JM!!! You know, the ones that BITE! :applause:

... I had a front rim lock go bad and slash my front recently, not tire related... so far my 756F RRs have been working well!!

See ya Sunday?!

:applause:

... and hopefully this setup works.

It does. PERIOD.

I rode MT18HD / 739AT combo for the past couple years. It's an awesome combo! And very resistant to pinch flats, rim dings, and such. Adhesion is superior as well. Using Ulttra Heavy Duty Tubes (Bridgestone or Michelin) is also a big help

I've got to run the Dunlops due to rider support from Sponsorhouse... hence the reason I'm now using a 756F RR. Works great... in all conditions thus far!

:applause: