Sign in to follow this  

06 Kx250!

I have a stock 06 KX250. Right now it is running really rich everywhere, but for sure from the 1/2 to full position. I'm fouling 3 or 4 plugs in a full day of riding, usually after I fire it up from a short break. This weekend I plan to add a Pro Circuit Platinum II pipe, Shorty silencer, and JD jet kit. The sheet recommends i start with the blue needle in the 3rd position, #168 main jet, and #45 pilot jet. Is this a good starting point? Just seeing if anyone has a similar setup can give me a heads up.

300 feet above sea level

40/1

93 octane

i can't say for your bike but in mine (07 cr250), which was having the same problems, the jd's starting point was pretty much spot on! set it up as he suggests then fine tune it from there.

j

i can't say for your bike but in mine (07 cr250), which was having the same problems, the jd's starting point was pretty much spot on! set it up as he suggests then fine tune it from there.

j

Exactly. The recommended settings he provides are very close for a stock bike, and provide a good baseline starting point. An Important thing to remember is; TAKE NOTES! Cold weather jetting is different than warm weather jetting, write down what works and what doesn't for future reference, and PLEASE don't start changing premix ratios to adjust your jetting, find one ratio, (i.e. 32:1 - 40:1) and jet for that ratio. Good Luck. :applause:

I put the jet kit in the bike, it ran great for a full day of trail riding. Yesterday i put the Pro Circuit exhaust on and ran it around the house a little. It didn't seem to run as good. Anyway, I now want to put the Boysen Rad valve in. Whats a good place to start on the jetting?

Do you really need more power out of that bike? If you're under 180 pounds that bike has more power than most riders need. Unless your Pro or Expert I would leave that motor in stock form and jet accordingly. Stock pipe, stock reeds.

I have this same bike and the only thing aftermarket in the motor department is a TurbineCoreII silencer. At 3000ft I'm running a 52 pilot, 1.5 turns out, stock needle 2nd clip from top, and 165 main. (Stock power jet). I run 32.1 Klotz R50 full synthetic.

At 165 lbs, I don't have the need for anymore power. I have friends with '06 YZ250's and '06 RM250's and when they ride my KX, I can't get it back from them. They say the KX motor is a real kick in the pants.

Now if you really need more power and your not Pro (MX,SX) or Expert (HS, Desert) than you must be crazy or a mindless bad ass.

Green is taking over!:bonk: