Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke jetting

Well isnt it if you have oil coming out of the pipe that the jetting is off becuz its not burning the oil? And would this have any affect on powerband?

That stuff is what we call spooge, try and ride the bike harder and I bet it will go away. That stuff will build up in the packing material in your silencer and it will need to be repacked. Check your wet side crank seal for leakage and the condition of your top end. My bike will build some spooge up when I'm riding with the little ones, and a good old fast lap around the flat track always cleans things out for me. If you aren't fouling plugs I'd say your jetting will be close, but we all know clip adjustments and some low speed mixture adjustments are nearly a daily chore on a race bike.

If your packing is saturated with un-burnt oil it may alter your power band some. Check the mechanicals first jet second. Trying to jet a worn out engine works like a saddle on a jackass!

I have quite a bit of spooge around my exhaust to the point that it is leaving a run mark down the silencer by the end of a day. It's a barely ridden 02 CR250. The previous owner putted around with it a few times and I have not been on it hard since i just bought it and getting used to the bike. How do you check the wet side crank seal? Bike seems to run great and does not foul plugs. I was just assuming that it is running a little rich plus not riding it hard enough......