Sign in to follow this  

Clutch not fully disengaging?

I tried to push start my bike today and I noticed something... my clutch isn't fully disengaging! When I put it in any gear and pull the clutch, it is difficult to push.

I tried adjusting the clutch cable to no avail.

Is this a sign of something? New clutch cable needed maybe?

It would be odd as it only has 3k miles on it.

Also... any bike is hard to push when the engine is off and in gear. Even though the clutch is disengaged, there is a fair amount of drag because it is an oil bath clutdch and the oil viscosity creats the drag. I have always jump started a bike by starting in nuetral, run allong side the bike, squeeze the clutch click it in to 3rd/4th/5th (which ever works for you) and let the clutch fly.

Also... any bike is hard to push when the engine is off and in gear. Even though the clutch is disengaged, there is a fair amount of drag because it is an oil bath clutdch and the oil viscosity creats the drag. I have always jump started a bike by starting in nuetral, run allong side the bike, squeeze the clutch click it in to 3rd/4th/5th (which ever works for you) and let the clutch fly.

Thanks for that piece of advice, wasn't aware.

I managed to get the bike jumped and the clutch isn't dragging at all and is fully disengaging.