Sign in to follow this  

Help!! Damaged my Yosh link pipe

I just received my brand new Yosh slip on from JC Motors...I didnt realise that you had to use the screw they provide to mount the link pipe to the pillion peg. (silly me)...I kept screwing the crew in and realised it felt a bit stiff. I swiftly unscrewed it and found that I had made circular dent where the screw had gone into it....I dont think I have made a whole in it because I cant hear any blowing....Anyone know what would be best to fill it with???? How much is a new link pipe??? if there was a whole there would it matter??

Well, a hole would matter as hot exhaust gases would exit woere they are not supposed to. If you dirve in the road, you would probably fail safety inspection. You can easily confirm if you have a hole. Run the engine at idle, puy a rag in your hand and cover the exhaust. Can you hear or feel exhaust pulses where the damage is?

To undent it it requires a pipe expander, IF it can be fitted there.

Does it matter if it is dented? Well, maybe. Depends on how big the dent is. Only way to know that it is affect performance would be a dyno comparison.

Contact Yosh, tell them what happened, maybe they can help.