Sign in to follow this  

Don't race but have numbers?

My friend just bought a brand new yz250. for valentine's day his girlfriend bought him some pretty nice graphics complete with number plate backgrounds and (gasp) numbers. number 23 is his lucky number or something, and of course he put them on. like I said he doesn't race,(he's not even that good but don't tell him that) and I tried explaining to him that its a tad poser-ish. I think he understands that now, but its too late being that his girlfriend bought him the numbers. :applause:

So what does everybody think? is it worth looking like a poser so the girlfriend doesn't get pissed off, or is it not really a big deal?

i personally wouldn't run numbers myself except during a race, cuz i would feel a bit like a poser, but i wouldn't call someone else a poser or think worse of them for having numbers, and i don't think it's a real faux pas or anything (unless it's #4 or #7). lotsa people do it. anyway, it's better to be called a poser than to have a mad girlfriend.

I run numbers all the time, but I also race from time to time. My problem is that I'm just to cheap to buy a separate set of number plates or replace my numbers after each race. :applause: I also like the look of a bike w/ numbers. It adds a little something to it.

Who cares!!!! Is it poser to ride a MX bike other than a track? Maybe its poser to run graphics with all the brand names. we know your not sponsored. So to have Monster, Dunlop, Vp, Ect... stickers on your bike is poser!

enter a race to say u did then leave the numbers on......

if i ever have to use numbers its time to bring out the black dry earase felt pen hahaha

yup, very poser-like. My buddy rides a yz400 and has the number 22 (ala Reed). I can't 100% blame him, the poser who sold it to him had those #'s on it. I can see a 5 year old on a 50cc with his favorite Pro's #'s (2, 4, 7, 22, etc...), but come on, if you'r 35, and have a yz450 with a '22' on the sides, you're a poser. You're not Reed, nore will you ever be. It's highly unlikely that even if you DO race, you happened to get the same number as Reed.

my 2 cents...

Maybe its poser to run graphics with all the brand names. we know your not sponsored. So to have Monster, Dunlop, Vp, Ect... stickers on your bike is poser!

yes, putting sponsor stickers on your bike when they're not actually your sponsors is total poser material.

but.... like i said, no one really cares. i don't think anyone will call you a poser. alot of people just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it themselves, but it's no biggie if other people do it. kinda like screwing fat ugly skanky chicks. i wouldn't, but you can.

You definitely can't roll w/ 22 on a yamaha! What a douche. :applause: I see all these Suzuki's at dealerships w/ the #4. I'm dying to see some tool at the track spoding around in second gear! :applause: But it's not like Kyle Lewis is on everybody's mind when they see the #23. I'm sure he will be fine.

Man, a select few of you guys should check to see if you have somethin' hangin' between your legs. Come on, they're numbers. Jeesh.

I run My ama Dist 36 # on my bike, but not some random #............but then Who cares.....its a F^@<ing Number.........................Have Fun,Cuz were ALL Scrubs

I know some guys that use numbers but don't race. Their reasoning was it made it easier to find each other at crowded places like glamis and the crowded SoCal desert places like Stoddard, Johnson Valley, El Mirage, ect. These guys said they rode several times a week and would just go by themselves and started riding until the other one could get there and they would find each other by looking for the numbers because so many bikes look the same.

I have my roadrace # on all my bikes, and my truck, trailer, numbers are cool! :applause:

Actually the only numbers that I would consider poser would be 1-10 since those are awarded to those finishing positions in the elite classes.

Also makes my equipment recognizable

who cares. dirtbikes are for fun. some people make it a career but some arent lucky enough to. let um have fun with the bike and stop bustin his chops. and thts pretty sweet that his gf bought him stuff for his bike haha. if only mine did that. o yeah i dont have one.:applause: lol

does it really matter? :applause:

Exactly, I have numbers on my bike for when I race hare scrambles or the occasional mx track, so what am I supposed to take them off when I don't race?? Sounds like somebody needs to pay more attention on how they are riding instead of how they are looking.

haha so he is a poser for putting identifing marterial on his bike... i think #1 is kind of tacky, other then that, who cares?