Sign in to follow this  

2007 Yamaha wr450f low end

Greetings oh jedi of jetting. I have purchased a 2007 WR450F and of course took it out for a quick ride last weekend in the woods on my property. My main complaint is a complete lack of smooth tractable power at the bottom end around those pesky trees they like to put in the woods. The bike will make great power out in the open and unlike my klx400 experiment keeps its nose up nicely in the deeper softer stuff. But it falls on its butt and stalls in slow tight stuff. Is this just a straight Dynojet kinda problem, jet kit and exhaust mods like my old XRs or have I just bought the most useless tight terrain motorcycle by mistake. I love the chassis and the kick starter but something's not right with the bottom end. I'm even willing to sacrifice some top end prowess (there seems to be plenty with the throttle stop gone!!)

Thanks to anyone for their advice,

Ed

My son and I just purchased the new 2007 WR 450F's. And I must say they run great stock. We removed the stinger leaving the spark arrestor in place and did the YZ throttle stop. That was it! No, we didn't cut the grey wire at the advice of our service rep. Not sure how it is going to run in Baja in two weeks when we venture down there with new bikes. Yeh, it has the 162 main. Will tell you more after Baja. Pablo

Hey man I have an 03 wr450 its got great bottom end , but my brother bought an 05 wr450 and no bottom .we got rid of the ais system and put in the jd jet kit and installed the power now and power plus system and brought the bike to life !!! and he now runs a DR.D full exhaust ,money well spent.

good luck man