Sign in to follow this  

Stolen Dakar in Portland

Hi everyone,

Wish I had a better topic for my first post. My 05 BMW Dakar was stolen Monday afternoon out of my garage in SE PDX. I'm trying to get the word out to as many people as I can so they can keep an eye out for it (or parts) on the street, ebay, craigslist etc etc.

I'll post a pic below but the main details are as follows: Blue and Silver paint, it had rear panniers racks installed, but no bags attached. It had wolfman tank panniers installed. NO windshield, a black painted skid plate and a custom seat that in shape and size is vastly different than the stock seat. There are lots of aftermarket parts on it too, mostly Touratech stuff. They also took my two hemets: a Yellow starburst Shoei RF1000 and my new Airoh S4 I just received recently from the UK. It's Blue and Silver like the bike.

License # is M654109

Here's a pic with all the bags on it from this last summer.

95039911-M.jpg

One of my Airoh S4

95041493-M.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

That sucks man, I'll keep my eyes out for it. Post at Advrider as well. Good luck. :applause: I had my Superhawk stolen last year and got it back only semi damaged a few weeks later. Unless they part it there is not much they can do with it.

Sorry to hear that the bike was stolen. Does OR require motorcycle insurance unlike WA? Will your insurance kick in or are you stuck w/o a bike like us in WA would be, even if stolen out of your garage.

Bike like that will definitely stand out around here as we do not see too many of them. Will keep an eye out up here in S. King County.

mx813

sorry to hear about this.

I drive around P town all the time I will keep an eye out.

just had over $10,000 worth of tools taken out of my job trailer last week, man I hate thiefs:mad:

I lost a yamaha out of my garage years ago. No comp. or theft, I lost big time. If I see a bike like yours in So. Oregon, or in the back of a truck, I will call the State Troopers---- if they match your Serial Numbers----What are the last three serial numbers, if I spy a Beemer like this in the back of a truck, and where does one do a quick look for the #'s? Odds are small, but nobody has eyesight like my wife's, when she's the co-pilot.

Sorry to hear that the bike was stolen. Does OR require motorcycle insurance unlike WA? Will your insurance kick in or are you stuck w/o a bike like us in WA would be, even if stolen out of your garage.

Bike like that will definitely stand out around here as we do not see too many of them. Will keep an eye out up here in S. King County.

mx813

Just because it's not required doesn't mean you can't have MC insurance in WA, you'd only be stuck if you choose not to insure it.

Sorry to hear about your bike. I fricken hate thief's with a passion!!!!!! Wish I could find one in the act just once, have had so mutch stuff broken into or stolen(cars,boats,house) Had bought brand new 06 wr250 and 450 not two weeks old and they were stolen out of the garage. Got them back two days latter cops found them with two kids on them. now evereything is chained up with the biggest cable I could find. hope you get yours back.

I saw a blue and silver dakar in the back of a truck on 205 N today by west linn. I dont think it was the same because this one didnt have any racks or bags.

Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out. Hopefully it will turn up.

And Rally, the only bags on it when it was stolen was the panniers on the gas tank. The racks were on the back but that doesn't mean that the POS didn't remove them. You didn't happen to get a license plate # did you?

A bike of this type will stand out. I was just curious, is there some type of noticeable ding, scratch, something cracked and would be a quick reference point to see if it was your bike. I'm sure a thief wont hang around long if we start look'n so it there anything that would identify the bike at a quick glance think, anything?

I'll tell you if I see a Dakar I'll go out of my way to take a close look at it.:applause:

Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out. Hopefully it will turn up.

And Rally, the only bags on it when it was stolen was the panniers on the gas tank. The racks were on the back but that doesn't mean that the POS didn't remove them. You didn't happen to get a license plate # did you?

I didnt know at the time that your bike was stolen, so I wasnt paying attention to anything. Just thinking thats a cool bike and wish I had one to play with. All I remember about the truck is it was an older model truck without the tailgate.

Chris

BMW K series parts for sale on seattle c/l, might be worth a look.

that's a 4 cylinder bike, don't think that would be it.

K