Sign in to follow this  

does this work?

anyone tried this WEAPON MX G-ZERO FOAM

would be nice to hear if it works as good as they say it does

I think Dirt Rider recently reviewed this......

Their rider's were split 50/50 on liking, disliking it. They all said it made a noticeable difference, but the one's who didn't like it, stated that on jumps, it tended to make the bike not "float" as long in the air. Evidently without the MX weapon foam, the gas sloshing around tends to cause the bike to stay longer in the air due to inertia from the gas's weight. The other 50% liked the way that it made the bike feel less top-heavy.

I was in my local MX store, and they had two Large clear Plastic jugs. One jug was filled with water, the other filled with water, and the MX foam. If you tilted the container from one side to the other quickly, there was a very noticeably difference between the two jugs, in the way they would "flop" over. The MX foam made a big difference.

I think it would be most beneficial to Woods/enduro rider's who ride tight , highly twisted trails, where they are rolling the bike back and forth, for a long period of time. I'm thinking of buying it, if the price drops....$ 50 is just too high for a material that probably cost them $ 10 to manufacture.

We have a foam company/outlet in our city, you should check your phone book if you want to try it and you can probably buy some fuel safe stuff and make a set of your own...